• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No growth at SW until 2016 now

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good flame willie- bc I'll respond- but that's flame and just shows how little integrity you have.

Did delta outsource more seats while they had pilots on furlough?

Yes or no?

Bc I lived it and when a group decides to do that- I don't owe those senior SELLOUTS an explanation.
I really don't.

Funny, I didn't know I BUILT my career on outsourcing. I had my turbine PIC from other sources before my legacy job

Nobody asked you why you PFTd your type so no explanation requested (spare us)

Note the smiley face on my post, it was all in fun....settle down

Good luck to you Red and Wavey....let's see what your section 6 results are before you start crowing!

I'm pretty sure we won't...

Allow RJ's.
Allow larger RJ's.

I see us getting COLA increase and small gains elsewhere. Nothing major.

But it's an interesting environment with all carriers (including SW) blowing out numbers quarter after quarter. Good for everyone.

Then that would be a big NO vote for me. But I suppose it won't matter anyway if Tri-Power and the others are right about the relative number of koolaid drinkers here.

I'm pretty sure we won't...

Allow RJ's.
Allow larger RJ's.

I see us getting COLA increase and small gains elsewhere. Nothing major.

But it's an interesting environment with all carriers (including SW) blowing out numbers quarter after quarter. Good for everyone.

Red,

We've gone round and round on this RJ thing before......until Gary proposes it, you haven't stopped him from anything. Take the nails out of your hands and climb off the cross.....you haven't had to do much about the RJ thing....yet.

You might as well make statements like "We never let Gary make us pay him to fly 737's!! (Fist in the air)" Did he actually put it in front of you to vote or even consider in an opener?

Stop with the "At least we wont..." garbage.

Last edited:
Our first economic proposal from the company last week was ridiculous, and more of a managing of expectations. Included in that was unlimited near and far code share. It's been in the proposal since 2005 when Gary wanted to code share with Skywest bc of the Central Valley CA feed that can't be done well with a 73 according to their numbers.

It was happening when we bought air tran with Skywest. And we held the line.

Have we had it forced as heartily as you did after 9/11?

No, but it is being tested as hard as you were tested back in 1989.

You didn't hold the line then and eventually a Bankruptcy judge forced you into running half your domestic departures with them.

We are trying to learn from the past here at Swapa, something I'll admit is a bit foreign to dalpa considering your last vote.

You made the wrong choice bill. But thanks for putting the pressure on us by reloading that business model. Especially since we are getting more and more legacy like in our scheduling and less point to point. Now that we have verifiable hubs, I'm sure Gary wants feed even more.

The other harmonica player ain't a whole lot better, although he did make me laugh when he tried to arrange a threesome with the two twenty-something FA's and completely ignored the gal that was his age and might have actually boned him. All on the van ride.

Face-palm.

Holy ******************** that's funny. I can picture the type, by now we've all seen it.

Not a fair comparison. You have the benefit of 25 years of hindsight to see what scope concessions will lead to. They didn't. They had a reasonable belief that allowing a few small airplanes would be beneficial to the operation without harming their own careers. In hindsight, that's not how it worked out, but it was a reasonable belief that someone could have at that time. Stop patting yourself on the back. You haven't earned it.

Our first economic proposal from the company last week was ridiculous, and more of a managing of expectations. Included in that was unlimited near and far code share. It's been in the proposal since 2005 when Gary wanted to code share with Skywest bc of the Central Valley CA feed that can't be done well with a 73 according to their numbers.

It was happening when we bought air tran with Skywest. And we held the line.

You didn't hold the line then and eventually a Bankruptcy judge forced you into running half your domestic departures with them.

We are trying to learn from the past here at Swapa, something I'll admit is a bit foreign to dalpa considering your last vote.

You made the wrong choice bill. But thanks for putting the pressure on us by reloading that business model. Especially since we are getting more and more legacy like in our scheduling and less point to point. Now that we have verifiable hubs, I'm sure Gary wants feed even more.

Once again, you talk "WE" like you play on a pro sports team. WE won, or WE lost....hopefully WE will get into the Super Bowl. You were buzzing around in an RJ that our scope relief provided. You should say thank you Bill.....

Don't get me started on who put pressure on who.....SWA was the model for all of our pension cuts and productivity changes in Bankruptcy. Like it or not, your model was what management wanted.....no pensions, higher productivity, no meals, pay for training....the list goes on and on.

Latest resources

Back