• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No Frills, No-profit: Ryanair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A little over a month ago, there was a story in all of London's papers about LCC's (specifically Ryanair). It asked the question if it was worth flying on the LCC's, Is it safe?. Under the title there was a very unflattering picture of a Ryanair FA sleeping in the FA jump seat during a flight. Great way to become famous- making the front page of the London rags sleeping and drooling on the FA jumpseat.

Unlike other sports the NHL is carried on BOTH sat. radio networks.

And, looking at their supposed compensation for pilots doesn't tell the whole story. They don't make that until some unspecified time in their employment, they have to pay for their type rating at an inflated cost, and there are all kinds of strange deductions from their paychecks. They also fire people from Ryanair for charging their cellphones in the airport. The pilots there are afraid to speak out, but there are ways of fining out this stuff.

I hope they don't get a foothold here in the US.

Why? The sagging US airline industry could learn a lot from these airlines. I support President Bush in allowing foreign ownership of US airlines!

Anybody think the AeroMexico Miami domicile will run senior?

Espalda Mojado said:
Why? The sagging US airline industry could learn a lot from these airlines. I support President Bush in allowing foreign ownership of US airlines!

Anybody think the AeroMexico Miami domicile will run senior?

I pick any Mexican Airline over any US airline. Any time!!!!

DrewBlows said:
I don't like the fact that I have to watch the Tostida's Fiesta Bowl, the Coca-Cola 600, and other sporting events at corporate sponsered parks.

Rumors that the upcoming funeral of Barbaro will be sponsored by Taco Bell are being denied by parent company, PFC. Hehe

AerroMatt said:
Rumors that the upcoming funeral of Barbaro will be sponsored by Taco Bell are being denied by parent company, PFC. Hehe

Poor thing. Greed prevails here in the USA!

PacoPollo said:
Poor thing. Greed prevails here in the USA!

What? Do you think it don't prevail in Old Mexico? Dear me, I must be confused...

Ryanair. Good.
I've flwon about 30 flights with Ryanair. Most flights are 1-2 hours because Europe is tiny. I like to think of Europe as another state, kind of like Texas. They don't like that I consider them a US state.

Back on point: Ryanair seats are plastic pieces of crap. Some of the flight attendants are only moderately attractive. The airports they use are usually like an hour or two drive from the city they supposedly fly to. So add on another $15 each way for bus tranportation to and from the airport.

Flights have cost me anywhere from $1 to $150. Time is crititcal. Book in advance. If you book late, they will severely punish you with fees.

I showed up 3 minutes late once. The check-in gate was closed, and I had to buy a new ticket. They are strict. Be on-time. Rules are very specific and you better adhere or buy a new ticket.

Flights takeoff on time and usually land early. I've landed late only once or twice.

They never lose bags. All flights are point to point. No transfers.

All in all, Ryanair is awesome. I wish we had something like that in the states. I almost bought a ticket last month to fly to a different state...the cost would have been around $700. I couldn't do it, not after flying Ryanair internationally for $20 a flight. US airlines suck.

Yeah you get a crappy seat, have to be on time (well check-in is 30-35 minutes before takeoff, so that's not so bad at all), and fly into weird airports outside of the city, but the cost is sooo low that it is totally worth it to me.

We're talking about one hour on the flight, and an hour on a bus. You usually can spread out on the bus. That's worth the savings.

Latest resources

Back