No flight instructing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Boris_159

I'm new to the forums and I just have a few questions maybe someone can help me with. I currently have about 140 hoursTT and will be graduating school soon with an associates degree and approx 250 hours and at least 25 multi time. I realize this is really low time, but what options will I have after school other than flight instructing. I am willing to move pretty much anywhere (especially warm places). I just can't see myself being a flight instructor. I may be going on to get a bachelor's degree, I'm not sure yet.

You will need to have a Comm ticket; banner towing is an option. Rt. Seat skydiving in a CA-212, perhaps some of the 135 MEL on-demand operators use a F/O in lieu of an autopilot might hire a no-time pilot. Working at Home Depot, buying a cheap airplane, flying ever minute you can afford. Here is way to legally pad your hours. Go to a big airport with long runways, make every landing a full stop taxi back, Hobbs meter is running it is legal time and in your C-150 your will burn about 2-3 gallons an hour. Block time is defined as movement of the airplane with intent of flight. BTW CFIing will make you a better pilot. You have to pay your dues someplace, no way to avoid it.

Or you can just but this new "over the counter" pill and apply to all the airlines.

pilotyip said:
BTW CFIing will make you a better pilot. You have to pay your dues someplace, no way to avoid it.
I agree that working as a CFI and going through the process of earning the certificate(s) will make someone a better pilot. It's probably better to not go through the motions and do a half hearted job as a CFI though. Find a banner or SE air tour operator instead.

PilotYip... good call on that little hint to get some time and burn zero gas..never thought of that... Or get a 150 and put another pilot under the hood and go on LOONNNNGGG X-C's... both log PIC.. just an idea

>>I'm new to the forums and I just have a few questions maybe someone can help me with. I currently have about 140 hoursTT and will be graduating school soon with an associates degree and approx 250 hours and at least 25 multi time. I realize this is really low time, but what options will I have after school other than flight instructing. I am willing to move pretty much anywhere (especially warm places). I just can't see myself being a flight instructor. I may be going on to get a bachelor's degree, I'm not sure yet.<<

It appears to me that, as a society, we're pretty much doomed.

And Cape Air has an FO program..one of my buddies got hired with 700/ 25 multi... kind of a crap deal though. You are only on call when weather is low and the new Captians need an FO for their high minimums, Right seat time in a 402 seems pointless... I got my MEI instead.

I got very lucky and landed a ferry pilot job with 320 hours and 20 multi with an aircraft broker. You can call some sales places and maybe get lucky. I know guys are chomping at the bit for my job but maybe you'll land it right place, right time.

I never was a CFI, but ferried a/c for brokers all across the country. (Nowdays, it might be tougher with higher insurance minimums.) Whether, CFIing, ferrying, banner towing, etc....you're going to have to pay your dues somewhere.

Latest resources

Back