• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Herman

“The German”
No Delta Crossfleet Jumpseats?

So apparently on Delta off line pilots are not allowed to jumpseat on crossfleet markets anymore.
Unfortunately I had to find out the hard way on my way to Europe. I know we can't sit in the flightdeck but should always be able to flow back to a cabin seat.
Does this not defeat the purpose of jumpseat agreements that airlines have with one another?

Last edited:
Not quite sure what you mean by crossfleet markets.... you said you're Delta offline? so what would a crossfleet be?

Anyone KNOW the jumpseat priorities for Pinnacle/Mesaba???
I'm hearing differing stories over the past couple weeks.

Thanks.

Pinnacle get nothing cause they suck almost as much as Mesa.

Anyone KNOW the jumpseat priorities for Pinnacle/Mesaba???
I'm hearing differing stories over the past couple weeks.

Thanks.

Should be in your FOM jumpseat priority list/decision tree... your guess is as good as mine as to what shade of cyan, salman, pink, fuscha or whater color it may be...

Had the same thing happen to me trying to get back to ATL from HNL on a NW 747/ Delta flight number. Crew did everything they could to try and get me on but I was shut down by the ticket counter and gate agent supervisors. They told me that it was only going to last 1 month and then everything would be straightened out. That was APRIL!

Not quite sure what you mean by crossfleet markets.... you said you're Delta offline? so what would a crossfleet be?
Cross fleeting is a NW aircraft using a DL number booking DL pax. So, the NWA A330 ATL-LGW is flight DL812 I believe...and visa virsa...So, even though its a NW A/C the DL rules apply to pax and J/S...anyone else? Bueler...Bueler?. Seems odd but I beleive it will be fixed after SOC.

Last edited:
Cross fleeting is a NW aircraft using a DL number booking DL pax. So, the NWA A330 ATL-LGW is flight DL812 I believe...and visa virsa...So, even though its a NW A/C the DL rules apply to pax and J/S...anyone else? Bueler...Bueler?. Seems odd but I beleive it will be fixed after SOC.

I know what a crossfleeted flight is... I was checking to see if what the poster meant in regards to that is the same as what we understand crossfleeting to be.

DL and NW have combined jumpseat rules now...

I don't see what him being an offline pilot and with it being a crossfleeted flight has to do with any issues.

Last edited:
I guess I know what crossleet means, because it was explained to me about 20 times. To make it easier to understand: Noone can jumseet if the flight is crossfleet. Not even NWA pilots on an NWA fligh if the flight is operated by DAL. And an offline jumpseater apparently is absolutley out of the question.

Latest resources

Back