• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No comment on ASA PBS LOA yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Listen to Trojan. You aren’t even close. Just because you have to have an alternative motive for everything doesn’t mean everyone else does. I never was based or lived in SLC or any west coast area. I own a house in ATL and plan on staying here for a while.

There is Professional help available 24/7, but it's not Pro Standards!

Is the sky falling? There is no such thing as job security--and one list want guarantee it either! Whipsaw? Are we being whipsawed? If we are, it's by the Mainline MGMT against the other DCI Carriers--not Skywest! Maybe we should try for one list with Delta! hahahahaha

Everythings rosy? What happens if PBS is voted down Speedtape? What if we are not part of Jerry's "bigger" plan because we won't "play." No whipsaw? Were 4 700's not transferred from ASA to SkyWest Airlines? You'll see more transferred if PBS is voted down, my guess.

What if we are not seen as an asset anymore? Could we not be sold? I'd like to put an end to all that. There would be an added benefit of having virtually the whole Country to fly out of. That's a nice add on, but not the main reasoning behind wanting OneList.

Trojan

Is the sky falling? There is no such thing as job security--and one list want guarantee it either! Whipsaw? Are we being whipsawed? If we are, it's by the Mainline MGMT against the other DCI Carriers--not Skywest! Maybe we should try for one list with Delta! hahahahaha

While I agree that most of the whipsaw is between Delta and ALL the DCI "portfolio players"...There has been whipsaw here at Skywest Inc. We had 700s transferred and 900 deliveries transferred to Skywest during our contract negotiations...That was whipsaw, and it works.

The chance to put the horses back in the barn was back in 2000 during the PID, but ALPA and the Delta MEC didn't have the political will to do what was necessary, and we have to live with the results. We had the leverage back then, but there is no way to make it happen now.

We don't "NEED" a single list with Skywest, but if we don't have one, we need to stay competitive with them in our costs.

This is a game...We either change the game, or play the game....Not changing the game while refusing to "play" the game is not an option if you wish to survive...

While I agree that most of the whipsaw is between Delta and ALL the DCI "portfolio players"...There has been whipsaw here at Skywest Inc. We had 700s transferred and 900 deliveries transferred to Skywest during our contract negotiations...That was whipsaw, and it works.

The chance to put the horses back in the barn was back in 2000 during the PID, but ALPA and the Delta MEC didn't have the political will to do what was necessary, and we have to live with the results. We had the leverage back then, but there is no way to make it happen now.

We don't "NEED" a single list with Skywest, but if we don't have one, we need to stay competitive with them in our costs.

This is a game...We either change the game, or play the game....Not changing the game while refusing to "play" the game is not an option if you wish to survive...

Staying competitive will be difficult with SkyWest as they can put training costs, overwater exemption costs, etc. under our certificate. It's a no win scenario and Inc. will milk it for what its worth.

Great post Joe. I agree completely. Playing the game will be hard to do, since we don't set up the rules.

Trojan

Staying competitive will be difficult with SkyWest as they can put training costs, overwater exemption costs, etc. under our certificate. It's a no win scenario and Inc. will milk it for what its worth.

Great post Joe. I agree completely. Playing the game will be hard to do, since we don't set up the rules.

Trojan

I agree. IMO, we don't have to be "cheaper" than Skywest, but we need to work with Jerry and cut costs where we can. I believe Jerry will work with us as long as we work with him.

I don't believe Jerry wants to dismantle ASA....But I do believe he will do what he wants to if we don't work with him.

Yes the sky is falling. These things always happen slowly so it is not so noticeable. You will be shrunk to a more manageable size but it will be slow. “Lets vote PBS in so we can get our costs inline and become more competitive“. Sounds like a whipsaw to me. Skywest is our first hurdle. If you can’t get cheaper then them everything else doesn’t matter. Keeping two companies separate like this is the recipe for a whipsaw. Your right nothing is a guarantee but it would offer you a lot more job security and a lot greater chance at growth than PBS.

I don’t care about Delta but if they were smart they would want to do that as well. There is no question that regionals keep wages down at mainline. I’m not crazy enough to think that they would merge seniority lists, but they would be smart to get rid of all regionals so that all Delta flying was by Delta pilots.

I agree. IMO, we don't have to be "cheaper" than Skywest, but we need to work with Jerry and cut costs where we can. I believe Jerry will work with us as long as we work with him.

I don't believe Jerry wants to dismantle ASA....But I do believe he will do what he wants to if we don't work with him.

I agree completely. Problem lies in 1600 pilots with 1600 varying opinions and experience. We've seen what he does when we don't play. It's hard to show some of the newer folks this as they were not here when it happened.

Not by any means saying the sky is falling. It's much better than it's been for years. However, that can change in a New York minute and I feel ASA would be better off with OneList for that reason...... We are our own worst enemy.

Trojan

Yeah he might put more work at a company that costs more. He might not mind losing money because he is a good guy. He might not mind upsetting Skywest to the point that they vote in a union. Not what I would do if I was CEO but you never know.

It’s funny how you remember what they are capable of yet think that if we are good little minions this time everything good will come our way. It’s like the battered wife syndrome. Onelist is changing the game it takes two to play.

Latest resources

Back