• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No comment on ASA PBS LOA yet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I toss this number out to illustrate the company is after other things that won't cost us any skin while lowering our costs. Deceptive tactics? Nothing deceptive about it. If you got involved and asked some questions from the people involved between ALPA and the company, you'd get many of these answers yourself. You might actually begin to see some continuity between the two groups. PBS savings is dynamic. ALPA has figured between 6-12M. We got about $3-3.5M. The company says $6M before concessions to ALPA.

I will agree that becoming “involved” to the point of attending all of the meetings and constantly asking questions is the only way to get both sides of these issues. Unfortunately, most of us don’t have the luxury of having the time to do that. Instead we put a lot of faith in the union and for them to take a side on issues really does us all an injustice.
Here is how even saying, “we gain to save the company about $10M” is ambiguous and deceptive. We don’t negotiate contracts by how much we save, rather how much we cost. If the union believed it was a lot of money they would put it in perspective by saying “We gain to save the company about $10M a year that is less than 1% of our annual costs”. It kind of loses its luster when you take the ambiguity away.
Now you want me to believe that the furloughs have nothing to do with pushing PBS through and this small savings is the reason. We will still be the most expensive regional however, this will secure us flying that cannot wait until section 6 so it must be arriving between now and several months? Nevertheless, there are no details and PBS will not be bound to growth. Mesa management took PBS back. If growth is so certain why can’t we bind PBS to that growth? If not I will stick with my theory.

After reading the last FastRead, this deal looks industry leading. I'm looking forward to all the details.

Trojan

After reading the last FastRead, this deal looks industry leading. I'm looking forward to all the details.

Trojan

Don't say that! You'll piss off all the jr guys that think it only benefits you old farts!

Don't say that! You'll piss off all the jr guys that think it only benefits you old farts!

That is because PBS by definition is bad for junior people. This LOA has been sugar coated with other things outside of PBS in order to try to distract junior people. Any part of this LOA that is good for junior people is not part of PBS and could be obtained without it.

That is because PBS by definition is bad for junior people. This LOA has been sugar coated with other things outside of PBS in order to try to distract junior people. Any part of this LOA that is good for junior people is not part of PBS and could be obtained without it.

Losing flying and not getting any new flying is also going to be bad for junior people....I'm about ready to vote no and see how things shake out....

Good Grief.... Do you ever grow tired of being bitter? Sugar coated? WTF isn't in any amending process? You get some good to offset the not-so-good. It is how the game is played. As a matter of fact, volunteer some time and go see how the process works. Then maybe the scales can fall off your eyes as to how things are accomplished.

Losing flying and not getting any new flying is also going to be bad for junior people....I'm about ready to vote no and see how things shake out....

Now you're trying reverse psych!!!

So let's see. After initial open time, on avg, the 200 has 2000 hours open flying under the current system. Under PBS the majority of that flying would be in the pot for pilots to use to build their lines. Do the math 2000/75 hour = approx 26 additional lines of flying which means approx 26 less pilots on RES. How is that bad for the jr pilots?

Latest resources

Back