• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No AVtrip at Signature after 1/1/2012 !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unethical? How did you come to this conclusion?

You are essentially taking a "kickback" on your fuel purchase. I am sure if you asked every CFO in the country what would you rather have, a .05/gal discount, or give your pilot a $5 certificate, for every 100 gals, 9.9 out of 10 will take the fuel discount.

If it is ok with your company, I say go for it. Just do not be surprised if a bean counter sees it diferently.

If you want to have some grins, just go tell the CFO how Atlantic gives pilots $5 certificates. ;)

The "kick back" isn't even the major facet of the unethical claim. The Atlantic bucks don't just give money back for fuel bought, they change the fueling strategy of crews. That's why they give double for top offs. They want you to top off when you otherwise wouldn't.

If you fail to see this then you're a fool.

Having an extra $300-$400 dollars in your pocket at the end of the year is usually a good thing. Hell if the extra $ is offensive you could just give it away to the rampers that work at Atlantic! They would appreciate it-

You are essentially taking a "kickback" on your fuel purchase. I am sure if you asked every CFO in the country what would you rather have, a .05/gal discount, or give your pilot a $5 certificate, for every 100 gals, 9.9 out of 10 will take the fuel discount.

If it is ok with your company, I say go for it. Just do not be surprised if a bean counter sees it diferently.

If you want to have some grins, just go tell the CFO how Atlantic gives pilots $5 certificates. ;)

And Hilton gives points and miles as does Hertz, AA, Marriott, UAL, etc. It's called a loyalty program. :rolleyes:

Big difference. You are chosing how to spend the companies money with your fuel purchase. Hotel/rental car/airline loyalty programs quite a bit different.

I think that glasspilot gave another excellent example of how Atlantic bucks can justify un-needed fuel purchases.

Just ask how many purchasing managers have lost their jobs by taking a kick backs from venders.

Last edited:
Big difference. You are chosing how to spend the companies money with your fuel purchase. Hotel/rental car/airline loyalty programs quite a bit different.

I think that glasspilot gave another excellent example of how Atlantic bucks can justify un-needed fuel purchases.

Just ask how many purchasing managers have lost their jobs by taking a kick backs from venders.

Well if you see Hilton points different than Atlantic points that is your delusional view. I'm sure everyone has seen guys go out of there way just to stay a specific hotel chain. For some reason you confuse a rewards program with a lame duck employee that is greedy. By the way Hilton & Marriott also run these specials where if you stay more you get bonus points. I think your energy should be focused on finding a better employee then thinking rewards programs are unethical. These 2 iPads I bought this year on atlantic rewards are a huge pain in the ass. Wish someone would take them off my hands. And we only top off when it's necessary.

Latest resources

Back