• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

No ALPA Lanyards at AirTran!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
F/O Huff... although I'm certain you knew very well who he was referring to.

I'm fairly certain most people would classify dropping your kids off on your way into work or picking them up after work is a normal errand that wives often ask for.

F/O Huff... although I'm certain you knew very well who he was referring to.

I'm fairly certain most people would classify dropping your kids off on your way into work or picking them up after work is a normal errand that wives often ask for.

I thought the uniform restriction applied to union functions only. So if someone needs to drop off kids at school, or stop at Burger King to/from work for a sandwich with the windbreaker over the uniform shirt then it's permitted.

Is that the case, Lear?

I thought the uniform restriction applied to union functions only.
They haven't made any specific restrictions in writing, other than stating the wearing of uniform ANYWHERE other than work is prohibited and can be punished at their discretion.

So if someone needs to drop off kids at school, or stop at Burger King to/from work for a sandwich with the windbreaker over the uniform shirt then it's permitted.

Is that the case, Lear?
I'll be d*mned if ANY company will tell me when and where I can wear my uniform on my way to or from work.

I've been doing this for more than 17 years, and NO company I've worked for has EVER sank to this level. The pilots are absolutely, 100% correct in standing up and saying that management's behavior will NOT be tolerated.

The uniform thing is pretty simple . . . The Company is afraid that the pilots will be showing up to do informational picketing at the Shareholders' Meeting in May, so they suspend a guy for showing up at a Union sponsored Family Awareness day, in the hopes that pilots will be afraid to do informational picketing in uniform.

What they didn't count on was that the pilots have had enough of this kind of crap, and made a stand, in the form of informational picketing, and a "hats off" campaign.

Prohibiting ALPA lanyards is another heavy-handed effort to do the same. The Company knows they don't have a leg to stand on, legally speaking, but they will try to bully the pilots anyway. I don't think it will get them the results they are expecting, though. From what I'm seeing, the pilots are fed up, and each bullying tactic will likely result in a more unified pilot group.

TW

The uniform thing is pretty simple . . . The Company is afraid that the pilots will be showing up to do informational picketing at the Shareholders' Meeting in May, so they suspend a guy for showing up at a Union sponsored Family Awareness day, in the hopes that pilots will be afraid to do informational picketing in uniform.

TW

Just like how they fired one guy (we love ya Lear) for making his opinions known regarding a sub-standard contract proposal. Who's going to be the next to take a similar stand??

Also, how about DL who was unjustly fired for violations of the RLA for his supposed excessive aircraft write ups? Who's going to even think about doing that? Hell, guys are carrying known mechanical discrepancies out of fear of the CPO, you see it everyday. Some guys are scared sihtless to take out their pens. God forbid a flight runs late, heaven forbid if it's an EMO.

A good buddy of mine that I've known for a number of years had a letter put in his file by TL for wearing a NPA lanyard. It was supposedly removed after a phone call from the NPA.

Just finished reading Confessions of Union Buster by Marty Levitt. I recommend all union members to read this book.

Management controls all expectation by fear and intimidation. It's a classic ploy. Misinformation, rumors, unfair firings, and harsh discipline. It's all in the book.

The circus never changes, just the clowns running the show.

Latest resources

Back