• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

No ALPA Lanyards at AirTran!!!!!!!!!

livintheredream

Total Time
lots
Today AirTran pilots where so politly reminded that they may NOT where any lanyards that where not supplied by the company. I have had it. The temination of the probation FO's then furloughed when they got what they wanted only to be recalled 6 monthes later, the suspension of the FO for wearing his uniform on the way to work to drop off his family, and now they vote in ALPA and thats the rebuttle they get. I am normaly a low key guy but that has to take the cake. This MGT team has failed every effort to treat the pilots with respect. Dont treat me as if I answered an AD in a ATL newpaper to fly airplanes. They want to play by the book then that is what Airtran Pilots should do. A pax askes where gate D4 is. "Sorry sir my MGT won't let me talk to you about gate location, please see a gate agent" They want to play that way then fine. I want a ALPA lanyard more than ever now..........AirTran Pilots need to fly by the book (SAFE), Let me say it again BYE THE BOOK

Fubijaakr

Seniority is Forever
Total Time
Enough
Then they'd better equally prosecute all the Miami Dolphins, Atlanta Falcons, Georgia Tech and NY Yankees lanyards.

RedDogC130

Total Time
enough
just take the lanyard they gave you flip it inside out(if you can) and place the word ALPA all over it...it is still the one they gave you....just modify it some way...I hope they do not have a modification clause in whatever document tells you to wear the company issued one. good luck

livintheredream

Total Time
lots
Boy thanks!!! I got all rilled up because of JUST the Lanyard and nothing more. Thanks for setting me straight there skippy.....

eaglesview

Total Time
Reality is you have the same pilot group today you had with th NPA with or without the lanyard. If they had no backbone before they didn't get one cause they are going to get a new tie tac in the mail.

75M

Total Time
9000+
Then they'd better equally prosecute all the Miami Dolphins, Atlanta Falcons, Georgia Tech and NY Yankees lanyards.
Not to mention the Steelers Lanyards

DonVerita

Total Time
10000+
ALPA is not officially on the property until after May 1st. Let the ALPA attorneys take care of this soon after.

They only way to defeat a bully is to stand up to him...and never back down.

instructordude

Playing with Fire
Total Time
Your Management team pays you a lot money to fly the airplane and dress according to their standards. Its not that hard.

CopilotDoug

Captain of Industry
Total Time
Done!
Today AirTran pilots where so politly reminded that they may NOT where any lanyards that where not supplied by the company.
Just a little reminder that you can call your tree-house club whatever name you want...it's still on AirTran property. Next time the tranny pilots bend over for management, it's going to be ALPA standing ready with the sand.

SpauldingSmails

Aboard the sloop.
Total Time
>7000
It's not the lanyard, it's what you hang it around.

DonVerita

Total Time
10000+
Your Management team pays you a lot money to fly the airplane and dress according to their standards. Its not that hard.
We do dress, sharply I may add, to their uniform standards.

Lanyards are not part of the uniform. They are a show of solidarity with our fellow ALPA union pilots within our own airline as well as with ALPA pilots of other airlines.

You however, InstructorDude would know nothing of this given your penchant for being management's lapdog and all around brown-nosing kiss a$$.

whatitdoing?

Are you awake? Good
Total Time
>9500
Jeez, what's going on at Airtran? Thought most people were happy over there!!

Lear70

JAFFO
Total Time
4abeer
It's instructordude, don't worry about it Jeff.

He and Browntothebone have a habit of coming on here and stirring the pot. A few people you will see in almost every post who obviously antagonize people and get them into a big p*ssing contest, just to watch people get riled up.

iDude is just one of those types, while Browntothebone is more of the eternal pessimist. Easier to just ignore them since neither of them work at AirTran and keep working towards our goals of a fair and equitable contract with respectful and honest treatment by management.

Will enjoy watching the memos fly about ALPA lanyards and everything else soon. Keep taking those steps. When everyone acts together, management can't do anything about it.

relief tube

Total Time
Relax. It's just a freakin' lanyard.

that ain't the point bud. It's about a management team that sounds like it's worse in it's treatment of pilots than many of the regionals out there.

Has it always been this way there? If so why the hell do people go there?

9rj9

Total Time
5 til2
where is your lanyard?

where, wear, and were are three different words.