• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NMD at ASA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have already brought this issue to the attention of the ALPA reps on the ALPA board. I have had a pairing or two with NMD on it and it is BS to assume a reserve gets NMD for something he/she has no choice in accepting. The ALPA reps are aware of this loophole and say they are addressing it...and the check is in the mail and the van is on the way...uh huh...

This is exactly why we need concrete language in the next contract.

How are NMD pairing even showing up for reserves? Did somebody pick one up, then call in sick for it?

So let's say a pilot splits up a trip, then calls in sick for it. Technically the company didn't "initiate" the split. Hope that's not another one of those loopholes big enough to drive a truck through.

Nice reference. Furthermore, company wide sickout if this tripe stands. Reserves are not whipping boys.

I'm pretty sure I've created this scenario- I split some legs off of a trip, then traded the NMD'd trip for a company posted trip in open time. I think my old trip then appeared in company open time as NMD.

I don't know, sometimes after a trip, I can hardly sit down after being scr*wed by scheduling. Today's reserve = slavery.

If it is slavery, they why are you here? I wouldn't voluntarily stay in slavery...Only an idiot would stay enslaved...Set yourself free man!

Joe we should always fight for better! Regional pilots should work more self respect.

Last edited:
If it is slavery, they why are you here? I wouldn't voluntarily stay in slavery...Only an idiot would stay enslaved...Set yourself free man!

It's more like indentured servant. You are not technically a slave, but you are stuck in a position where there really isn't anywhere else to go.

Oh and Joe... Maybe you should shut the F up about all you know about what it's like being on reserve these days. You have NO idea. Blah Blah "it was so much worse in our days..." Blah... Riiiigghhtt. "You have so many better work rules... " When there is NO staffing, NONE of those rules apply. If you think it's so great these days, then just bid one month of it and enjoy the experience.
Leave these guys alone when they vent. It's all they have. You really have no reason to get down on them as you enjoy your cushy line.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back