• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NMB to ASA: keep negotiating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When the sides are less than 10 mil apart there is no way that they are going to release. It sucks but that is the way that the NMB sees it.

Then yes it sucks...

Looks like we'll be in d a m n negociations for the rest of our lives (I already know what the outcome of those future "negociations" dates will be).

We should all go wherever this time they will meet, block the door once they start, and not let them come out until we have a TA!

How about our negotiators focus on getting a fair deal that works for the pilots and the company instead of holding out for a release. It is time to freakin compromise and get this damn thing done!!! We have achieved most of the goals we initially set forth, and are close on the rest. We need a little give and take and get this finished so we can finally move forward.

A release is needed to do the horse trading required to get this deal done. Right now, we don't have a Section 1 to our contract. A release is the union's most effective tool and they don't want to walk away without having had the opportunity to use it.

ACL65's comment was interesting. What do you think if the only open section is Section 1? What about a release with nearly no difference in economic items?

When the release comes, we can expect it to not be during a "busy" time of the year. I'm willing to wager $5 on something within 45 days of October 1st.

When the sides are less than 10 mil apart there is no way that they are going to release. It sucks but that is the way that the NMB sees it.

Not true at all. The NMB doesn't look at it like that. In fact, your chance of a release actually gets better when you narrow down the differences between the proposals. Once you've done that and can still make no ground, then the NMB will either have to park you (unlikely again since we're closing in on 5 years), or release you. The problem that ASA has had for so long is that they've had way too many issues still on the table. For several years only a handful of sections were TA'd. The way to get a release is to settle as many sections as you can so as to leave only the big-ticket items. The company will then balk at giving you any ground at all, and then an impasse being declared is only a matter of time.

the CNC has been promising for the last month that a release was 'definite' since the nmb was 'furious' with the company for their lack of effort. at my lunch with the CNC a few weeks ago durring recurrent JR and NT swore to my group that a release was imminent. i asked what they would do if we werent released since the summer was coming, and what if they didnt achieve their end game of a release, what if just maybe they are wrong - and i was told by Nt that I was listening to management too much.

face it - the CNC has gambled and lost. any contractual improvements have been pushed off for at least three more months. some will say i'm all doom and gloom - but at what point does the CNC and MEC need to become accountable.

they need to be replaced pronto...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back