• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NMB to ASA: keep negotiating

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. What would our profit margin be if we got everything we are asking for?

2. The profit margin of ASA was almost 17% in 1994. Today it is less than 5% - note I am talking profit margin, not operating profit margin.

3. The profit margin of ASA will be negative if we don't "win" the flying. The actual flying we do is a "loss leader". The flying itself is not profitable. In fact, most domestic legacy flying today is not profitable. The only value it has is that of feed, specifically international

Why didn't you go to MESA or TSA or even Chautauqua? They had and continue to have fast upgrades. If you knew they were piss poor companies to work for (not including Chautauqua) why would you try and make ASA into one of those companies?

Because I wanted to be in the Southeast, and I wanted the option of staying here for a career. That still isn't out of the question, as long as we get our issues with SkyWest straightened out. The purchase by SkyW really shook me up, and it made me switch goals. Now, I want options.

I do NOT want ASA to be a Mesa or a Chatauqua. I want it to continue to be what it is, a great company, with great people to work with. The thing is, I believe for us to stay a great company, we need to remain competitive. My position on the contract negotiations is based on wanting to stay here, but with the option to leave if things go sour with SkyW in 3-5 years.

Because I wanted to be in the Southeast, and I wanted the option of staying here for a career. That still isn't out of the question, as long as we get our issues with SkyWest straightened out. The purchase by SkyW really shook me up, and it made me switch goals. Now, I want options.

I do NOT want ASA to be a Mesa or a Chatauqua. I want it to continue to be what it is, a great company, with great people to work with. The thing is, I believe for us to stay a great company, we need to remain competitive. My position on the contract negotiations is based on wanting to stay here, but with the option to leave if things go sour with SkyW in 3-5 years.

A GREAT COMPANY?:puke: ASA has been a lot of things, but NEVER a GREAT COMPANY! They have never realized the hard working employee's here or the large sacrifices that most have made to be here. So long as the upper mgmnt pukes get their huge bonus checks, all is well here at Camp ASSA! I will agree with you on the "Great People" (minus Joey, whiney cheese and AZZdriver)!

A GREAT COMPANY?:puke: ASA has been a lot of things, but NEVER a GREAT COMPANY! They have never realized the hard working employee's here or the large sacrifices that most have made to be here. So long as the upper mgmnt pukes get their huge bonus checks, all is well here at Camp ASSA! I will agree with you on the "Great People" (minus Joey, whiney cheese and AZZdriver)!

I feel bad for the next employer that sticks you on their pay roll................

I feel bad for the next employer that sticks you on their pay roll................

And what was incorrect with my statement. Let me guess...you loved the "hockey puck" cookies that we received? No wait...the closing of 3 bases inside of 3 years? No wait...scheduling telling you to grieve "their goat rope" knowing full well that it will take months if not years to get resolved? BL getting a Boatload of cash/stock options all the while we hang in the wind with this contract? Your right...this is a GREAT COMPANY!!:rolleyes:

And what was incorrect with my statement. Let me guess...you loved the "hockey puck" cookies that we received? No wait...the closing of 3 bases inside of 3 years? No wait...scheduling telling you to grieve "their goat rope" knowing full well that it will take months if not years to get resolved? BL getting a Boatload of cash/stock options all the while we hang in the wind with this contract? Your right...this is a GREAT COMPANY!!:rolleyes:

I don't really think it is going to sink in a whole lot for you, but if you think ASA is the only one with these sorts of problems, they're not. Southwest is all happy right now because they are making money- wait until they aren't. I'm sure you will come back with some Kool Aid laden answer about how they won't do anything to their employees like put the squeez on scheduling durring negotiations, take pay cuts, no executive bonuses, etc. Sorry brother, but no matter where you go, it is an airline, it will have all the same problems as ASA. If you can't handle the life, then find another career. Sorry to say it, but you are going to run out of airlines to burn down...........Welcome to 121. Oh, and if you think we're the only ones to have protracted contract talks, just watch what happens with some of our brothers at other carriers. You might want to do some research too on other contracts and their longevity to negotiate.

I don't really think it is going to sink in a whole lot for you, but if you think ASA is the only one with these sorts of problems, they're not. Southwest is all happy right now because they are making money- wait until they aren't. I'm sure you will come back with some Kool Aid laden answer about how they won't do anything to their employees like put the squeez on scheduling durring negotiations, take pay cuts, no executive bonuses, etc. Sorry brother, but no matter where you go, it is an airline, it will have all the same problems as ASA. If you can't handle the life, then find another career. Sorry to say it, but you are going to run out of airlines to burn down...........Welcome to 121. Oh, and if you think we're the only ones to have protracted contract talks, just watch what happens with some of our brothers at other carriers. You might want to do some research too on other contracts and their longevity to negotiate.

Ughh!:rolleyes: I quit! It is like talking to the wall. Good Luck with all the "Kumbaiyah Love" that YOU feel in the air. FOCKER.....OUT!!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back