• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NMB rules NJI/NJA not single carrier.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also seems to me that if this were a legitimate threat the point would have been well made clear before now.

Correct. It is not a legitamate threat. The Teamsters are known for being nothing more than a bunch unscrupulous, underhanded, high school educated truck drivers. That's why we fired them.

NJI FA's

Correct. It is not a legitamate threat. The Teamsters are known for being nothing more than a bunch unscrupulous, underhanded, high school educated truck drivers. That's why we fired them.

Well my understanding is that the consensus is that even if forced to bow to the Teamsters, once the integration is done and all is established, the agenda most (NJI and NJA flight attendants alike) plan to boot them out as soon as possible.

On a side note, a former fellow crewmember just found out that she is not on the Teamsters seniority list at her company and her votes have not been counted in the past. She's been paying dues all along-- since we were both hired there in 1994. She's currently trying to get to the bottom of it between Teamsters and her company. Taking dues and not having her on the protected seniority list? Sounds like fraud to me. Accidental oversight that just left her off the list recently? Great recordkeeping. I also continued to get Teamsters mailings for 3 years after leaving that job. Again, great recordkeeping.

Hope they get the info they need to stay in control of this thing.

Funny though but this was never a contemplation during all the negotiations.

I believe and its been proven that the union was fine with the integration as it was.

This was definitely company initiated.

We should be closing down CMH and moving it to Okatie...not the other way around.

AMEN . . . what a giant step backwards! Why do the numbers guys seem to ignore the things that make a company great and reduce everything to the lowest common denominator?

Funny though but this was never a contemplation during all the negotiations.

I believe and its been proven that the union was fine with the integration as it was.

This was definitely company initiated.

This was DS initiated.

+1 Yankee

God forbid you have to wear the yellow ties and be refered to as "NJA" pilots. I realize that's probably not what you're implying, but you can get a sense of where the RTS golden boy syndrome comes from.

Per the company, all aspects of the LOA's and integration protections remain in place, including the true up if the salary structure chosen works out less than the alternative. The question is if they are still legally binding, considering this is a move unanticipated when those agreements were signed.

The game is changing, but management seems determined to soften the impact. It never made sense to have two separate ops centers and certificate numbers. The change will no doubt be hardest for those that wish to stay in GA, but long term company viability is critical. The waste of the past has to be eliminated.

I've lived and worked under both. CMH burned enough money in Gulfstream mistakes (the expensive kind) in a week to run Okatie for a month. Ask BN next time you see him. Okatie paid for itself many times over.

As for the ties, you're right. I don't want to wear them. Not because of what they represent but because they are butt ugly.

Latest resources

Back