NMB Decision TSA-*************************

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
theo said:
It is funny to listen to a lot of you guys complain because the decision did'nt go the way you wanted it to. Before you were all talking about how it was clearly an alter ego and you were just waiting for the NMB to put them together. Well they did'nt rule your way (which was predictable) now you really need to get over it. The jury is out on if GJ will grow any more in the future. But if they do many more pilots will flock to work there just like the first 100 pilots did. Don't be left in the dust by believing all the sour grapes you read on this board. From reading this board from the few GJ pilots who respond, they seem to like it just fine. It also sounds pretty similar to every other Regional flying out there today. So good luck to all and keep those GJ applications handy. My guess is you will see a lot of growth there in the future.

Even though I have friends at ComAir; With the lack of respect your showing for my pilot group, I hope that the flying your getting ready to lose, goes to the sh!theads that you are defending.

If your not a CMR pilot, then by your profile, you a SKW pilot. Which means you to are flying CRJ 700s for sub-standard rates already.

Sincerely,

PtP

Last edited:
I wonder how it feels to pull up to a jetway while other pilots give you the Italian salute!

You are all scum!

TSA ERJ said:
theo,
The NMB ruled there is not a single transportation system, but you are still very much an alter ego airline. Don't confuse the two.

and that sums it up perfectly!

I am pretty sure that when gj crews look in the mirror they know what they are.

FlyHIToo said:
I don't know the company does not build 6 day trips.

I was just talking to a FA who was in the middle of a scheduled 5 day trip. Her and her whole crew. The FO had been away from domicile for over a week. That wasn't scheduled, but it wouldn't happen at any other regional. Don't play like you guys are lovin' life under Hulas's thumb, cuz ya ain't.

Regarding brand name recognition:
BoilerUP said:
Thats only because you have that beer (is it Alaskan Amber?) onboard.
Could be, Boiler.. Complimentary (yes, believe it or not, it's free) Beer and Wine is definitely a hit with the pax. Fyi, they vary from month to month. For January, we're serving Widmer Brothers Snow Plow beer, and two wines from Columbia Winery, Lewis & Clark 2003 Chardonnay, or Lewis & Clark 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon...
Cheers!

PLC, NAFTA was a boom for the on-demand business lots of flying parts into and out of Mexico and Canada. So it is not all bad

TSA ERJ said:
theo,

The NMB ruled there is not a single transportation system, but you are still very much an alter ego airline. Don't confuse the two.

Yep, even though the decision has implications that go beyond who gets to represent these losers, this was just the latest skirmish between the IBT and ALPA in a battle that's been going on since 1958. The nature of what ************************* is was never in dispute; the "if it stinks and sticks to the bottom of your shoe when you step in it it's......." allegory still applies to these mutts, the decision notwithstanding.

Does anyone else find it odd that the IBT, which claims to be the standard-bearer for the cause of Labor, would take what is essentially the management side of this argument?

The ruling surprised me. I figured if Freedom was ruled to be part of a single carrier that G0-Jets would end up in the same boat.

Palmtree Pilot said:
Even though I have friends at ComAir; With the lack of respect your showing for my pilot group, I hope that the flying your getting ready to lose, goes to the sh!theads that you are defending.

If your not a CMR pilot, then by your profile, you a SKW pilot. Which means you to are flying CRJ 700s for sub-standard rates already.

Sincerely,

PtP

You may call it defending someone, maybe so, but TSA pilots could have negotiated proper scope if your MEC was up to par. They werent and now you all pay for that oversight. But business is business and if you have NO RIGHT to the flying then all you really have are SOUR GRAPES over not getting something you wanted...but were not entitled to.

As to what I think of Go Jet. They are just like every other Regional Airline. Except because they are certificated in a larger aircraft where I believe most of the growth will be going in the next few years they will more than likely be growing. Thus my comment that people looking for employment should apply there. The opportunities will probably be greater there than a lot of the other Regionals. There is no disrespect to any pilot group intended. But whether I feel bad for you or not what I am saying is true. It may hurt your feelings but it don't change the facts.

And to those who say they are an alter ego...well than so are many other fine airlines who are owned by transportation themed holding companies such as Comar, Mesaba, Pinnacle, American Eagle, Horizon, ASA.etc etc.

Just face facts you guys tried a power play when you realized you had no real right to the flying you wanted. But you lost. It really is time to buck up and admit it and move on with your life.

Latest resources

Back