NMB Decision TSA-*************************

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
mrnolmts said:
In my mind, the only major downside to doing this have to be losing name brand recognition...

No such thing at the regionals, most passengers probably don't even know that there's no such airline as United Express. I doubt they pay much attention to that itty bitty "operated by Trans States Airlines" written by the door

Regarding "brand name recognition":

flyer172r said:
No such thing at the regionals...

I'm sure it's the "norm", but I beg to differ. Here at Horizon, we *definitely* enjoy brand name recognition. Could be we are the only ones, but I find that difficult to believe.

FlyHIToo said:
I don't know the company does not build 6 day trips. For Jan06 the schedules were 30 hard lines. 8-15day off, 11-14day off, 3-13day off, 5-12day off and 3-11day off. Nothing less than 11 days off even for RSV's. 50% of the hard lines had 14+ days off.

ALL RSV lines were 5 on 3 off and were 11 days off.

I don't know what 6day trips u are talking about, and I have never heard of anyone having a day off out of domicle.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by a moderator:
FlyHIToo said:
I don't know the company does not build 6 day trips. For Jan06 the schedules were 30 hard lines. 8-15day off, 11-14day off, 3-13day off, 5-12day off and 3-11day off. Nothing less than 11 days off even for RSV's. 50% of the hard lines had 14+ days off.

ALL RSV lines were 5 on 3 off and were 11 days off.

I don't know what 6day trips u are talking about, and I have never heard of anyone having a day off out of domicle.

This place is breading ground for lies and half truths.... You SHREK just are adding to it.

Just heard it around the line......I don't talk to you guys or even care WHAT your schedules are.....you still sold out.

separate websites
separate aircraft and simulators
different 'operated by' stickers on the airplane.

nevermind me fellas, just making notes on how to start an alter-ego airline.

It is funny to listen to a lot of you guys complain because the decision did'nt go the way you wanted it to. Before you were all talking about how it was clearly an alter ego and you were just waiting for the NMB to put them together. Well they did'nt rule your way (which was predictable) now you really need to get over it. The jury is out on if Go Jet will grow any more in the future. But if they do many more pilots will flock to work there just like the first 100 pilots did. Don't be left in the dust by believing all the sour grapes you read on this board. From reading this board from the few Go Jet pilots who respond, they seem to like it just fine. It also sounds pretty similar to every other Regional flying out there today. So good luck to all and keep those Go Jet applications handy. My guess is you will see a lot of growth there in the future.

theo said:
It is funny to listen to a lot of you guys complain because the decision did'nt go the way you wanted it to. Before you were all talking about how it was clearly an alter ego and you were just waiting for the NMB to put them together. Well they did'nt rule your way (which was predictable) now you really need to get over it. The jury is out on if GJ will grow any more in the future. But if they do many more pilots will flock to work there just like the first 100 pilots did. Don't be left in the dust by believing all the sour grapes you read on this board. From reading this board from the few GJ pilots who respond, they seem to like it just fine. It also sounds pretty similar to every other Regional flying out there today. So good luck to all and keep those GJ applications handy. My guess is you will see a lot of growth there in the future.

sure theo, you guys just keep telling yourselves that...while your at it, all the other airline pilots respect you guys highly, yeah, thats it. You guys are awesome.
Its just sour grapes after all...

and you guys are just like everyone else, yup...

"good luck to all"..wow aren't you pleasant.

Most gj guys deny they work there even on this anonymous message board. Including you.

mrnolmts said:
I'm sure it's the "norm", but I beg to differ. Here at Horizon, we *definitely* enjoy brand name recognition. Could be we are the only ones, but I find that difficult to believe.

Thats only because you have that beer (is it Alaskan Amber?) onboard.

Then again, do you really need anything else?

theo,
The NMB ruled there is not a single transportation system, but you are still very much an alter ego airline. Don't confuse the two.

Latest resources

Back