• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJVote 73%Yes 5%No 21% NoVote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We don't have a choice, "Bridgeway Bob" is our name for the ANONYMOUS memos being posted on another site. - X402

Don't put all your stock and trust in Bridgeway Bob and "Moisture" they will be gone one day soon. Some Dude

Gee, X402- I guess this is another pilot that didnt get your message.

And I think Crawdaddy was calling YOU shovelhead- He seems po'd at the fact he didnt get to vote-

Last edited:
x402 said:
That's one PO'd pilot heard from, how do ya think he'd have voted?

??Shovelhead??

Sorry X402:

Should have been careful before calling you a shovelhead. That said, I know how I would have voted.

One of the 400, not by choice...

-------------
beating my head against the wall. No more posts from me on fltinfo.

Last edited:
NJA owner, I'm not scared to lose my job if this place shuts down. I have other skills even if aviation didn't exist at all. If this NJA fails so be it I know that I can always find a new flying job. If I didn't have any skills at all I could still find a bartending job right now and make more money than I do at NJA. If a buisness fails then so be it. It is called capitalism. I will use my skills and my education to take care of myself and you will use your capital to purchase a new plane for yourself. It's not the end of the world.

The majority of votes not counted were due to bad addresses generated from the list passed on by the old 284 leadership and Local. Thanks to them again for taking care of us... schmucks. 1108 knows that around 1750 addresses are good and verified. About that many votes came back with a 93% vote in favor of shutting this pig off. I would bet that if the other 400 pilots were polled that the 93% number would rise to around 95% easily.

Every pilot needs to make sure that 1108 has your current contact information. Update this through the 1008 website. It is your responsibility. Do it today and maybe you won't miss out on a future election.

FLYLOW22 said:
The majority of votes not counted were due to bad addresses generated from the list passed on by the old 284 leadership and Local. Thanks to them again for taking care of us... schmucks. 1108 knows that around 1750 addresses are good and verified. About that many votes came back with a 93% vote in favor of shutting this pig off. I would bet that if the other 400 pilots were polled that the 93% number would rise to around 95% easily.

Every pilot needs to make sure that 1108 has your current contact information. Update this through the 1008 website. It is your responsibility. Do it today and maybe you won't miss out on a future election.

Hang on a second....the old MEC has been gone for 9 months now and you still want to blame any problems on them?

I thought this new group was stellar....if that's true, then why cant they handle something as mundane as updating a mailing list when they had 9 months to do it?

Sounds to me like its new group, same problems....

If management offered up that explanation for a similar problem you'd be all over them screaming incompetence.....

Last edited:
NJAowner said:
I know I will get flamed ...

but with posts like "we will shut the place down", "it will go under", etc., just be carefull of what you wish for ... it may come true.

If NJA were to shut down, I have many other options (please remember most of my posts support the pilots before you flame me). If the place shuts down, I go somewhere else, or buy a plane with a few friends. Not as good as what I have at NJA, but it works. In fact, I have been looking at a few Falcon 50-EXs. Maybe I charter it out a bit and fly more myself for the same $ per year and a little more headache.

All I know is that if the fractional model falls apart, for whatever reason (1) I find some other way to fly, (2) WB and RTS and the other "Palace" executives find (they have golden, silver or aluminum parachutes while the pilots have none) other positions, and the pilots go where and get what?? Some will go to corporate aviation and many will go to Home Depot or real estate agencies. Just think .. if you shut the place down where are you?? I am OK -- I just get a new tail number.

I support you guys ... but just watch out for the game of chicken.

Fly safe.

NJAowner - your observations are right on. Unfortunately the nature of negotiations in aviation seem to always come down to this game of chicken.
Both sides talk a good game up to the end, but neither one wants the company to fail.

In the end though, I think unionized employees have more to lose in the game. Their livelihood is tied to a seniority number. If the company fails or they leave then they have to start all over again at the bottom of the ladder.

In the today's economy managers and non-union employees move around regularly and are not penalized like union employees when they move.

So while you see a lot of bravado on this board, take it with a grain of salt. None of the pilots, even the most ardent union supporters, relishes the thought of starting out at the bottom of the seniority list again.

Wow - 9 whole months to fix a multitude of problems including starting a new local, running a number of elections and focusing on negotiations. But to help clear up your intentional misunderstandings, I shall explain as if talking to a child.

The database used by Teamsters International to conduct the strike vote was the one passed by 284 to them. Our new local could only direct pilots to contact our business agent to get a replacement ballot if they didn't get one. The MEC and Local 1108 were not in charge of this election - the International was.

The results would not have changed in the end result. For every 100 new votes we would have collected, at least 93 would have authorized a strike.

The continual harping on this board by the management zombies about a lack of solidarity is becoming laughable. The pilots are united and management had better start negotiating in good faith or face even more problems.

It should be interesting to see what happens with the IAM lawsuit against the NMB. If they prevail, we may be forced to follow their lead and sue the NMB to allow us to strike. Bet the head shyster in Woodbridge is starting to get a little nervous.

Starman said:
It should be interesting to see what happens with the IAM lawsuit against the NMB. If they prevail, we may be forced to follow their lead and sue the NMB to allow us to strike. Bet the head shyster in Woodbridge is starting to get a little nervous.

This lawsuit?

http://fl701.goiam.org/content.cfm?cID=4336

good luck with that....I'm sure suing the government will really help their cause. Not to mention that the way the courts are backed up it will probably be 5-7 years before that is wrapped up, but go ahead and pin your hopes on it if it makes you feel better....

Off topic, but there was an interesting quote in the article from the president of the railroad union - “We are tired of being indentured servants to greedy railroads and useless bureaucrats.”

Sounds like the same recycled union rhetoric. Last time I checked the railroads weren't exactly the model of financial health.....and again, if you dont like working for that company then move on...there are thousands of other options out there

Maybe they are using the same logic as the NetJets Union - the money is there...we know it! Never mind the financial statements filed with the federal government...we all know those are cooked.

Latest resources

Back