NJI Sale Rumors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

flyjetspeed

Anyone else heard this? General Dynamics is interested in having there own "in house" Frax program? A Gulfstream version of CS? Goldman Sacks to be the broker? NJI as a stand alone competitor to NJA? Solves the issue of the IBT 1108 asking for equal treatment with NJI. No more scope concerns on flying other Aircraft. Maybe even work a deal with NJME and NJE included. Heck why not NJM too. Should get a good price. Happy Pilots, Flight Attendants, Schedulers, Dispatchers, no discord between management and labor, can do, safety first attitude, maybe the owners who are leaving would welcome another quality, service oriented choice? Who knows RTS might agree to run it. BH could accept shares of GD for it's stake and retain it's investment value while diversifying into Military Contracts, lucritive right now. Enough food for thought here all?

This rumor or a facsimile of this rumor has been circulating for about a year now.

It seems to rear up every three to four months then quickly hides again.

Last iteration I heard was, guy is in the terminal and is approached by a Goldman Sachs rep who recognized him as an NJA pilot.

After some small talk, GS rep says there is talk that we will be acquired by GS get our pay raise and all our labor troubles will go away. When rep was pressed on a time line, he said it's "just in the planning phase".

Now I'm a sucker for a good yarn like most people, and it would be great for a benevolent company to swoop down and rescue us from this mess, but I'm not holding my breath!

Whoops...

Need to post a retraction. The above rumor mill was for NJA not NJI.

I'm spring loaded to read NJA! Sorry!

The rumor was for GD to aquire NJI. Now that you mention it I was approached by some investment guy asking about Netjets. He walked with me all the way to baggage claim and out to the Signature Van. Did'nt say anything about Goldman tho. He was interested in old EJA corporate bonds as an investment. I told him this was the future of aviation. Still think so too.

Hmmm. Where there is smoke there is fire?

I firmly believe something was in the works for the first of this year had the TA been voted in. I think shooting that down threw a wrench in the works.

Bottom line is..... we just fly em. Someone else buys em. I do think that the situation with the contract/possible strike has many far reaching effects that none of us on the line can possibly fathom.

Jetspeed,

I am not a religious man but "From your lips to God's ear." I pray for the day WB and RTS spin off NJI as a company owned by SOMEBODY ELSE. I am so tired of listening to the "we're one company but when we merge you'll be stapled to the bottom" crap that I want to scream. NJI is, was, and ever shall be a separate company and the sooner a financial transaction occurs that cements that status, the better off everyone will be.

As I posted once in the past, IBT 1108 should concentrate their negotiations on pay, schedule, and basing and leave the rest alone.

If it really were true, management would have no incentive to stonewall that issue in negotiations. They'd just say "Sure, you can have the Gs as of (insert post-sale date here)." Since it's being sold, there'd be nothing to transfer. Agree or disagree?

S alaries – to go from the lowest paid to paid a fair wage
No problem fair is fair, just don't do a UAL and kill the Company, 100K for a 5 year Captain on a F2000 is reasonable but NOT for an Ultra or Excel Captain
S ecure Home Basing – to know that years of service means a secure domicile
Still No problem, just don't expect to live over 100 miles from an airport with Major airline flights. Unless you want to pick up the tab for a hotel room.
S chedules – schedules that make home life livable provisions – safe day-of scheduling provisions with adequate rest
FINE 7/7 for all who want it 6/5 for overtime 5/4 for MORE overtime and flush the rest!
Scope – protecting the brand name and pilot jobs through sell-off containment
Agreed, we have a unique opportunity to be the Coca Cola of Aviation and that INCLUDES the non-union units of this company! NJI NJE NJM and NJME are not and will not ever be part of NJA get used to it. That will be the way this pans out. NJA Union the rest of us NOT!!!
S ingle Carrier Status – pilots united with one seniority list and equal treatment
No way in this lifetime!!! We do not want to be part of ITB 1108 and never will be part of this chain around the neck of this company!!!! Good luck with the rest. PS don't really care how this ends. I will NEVER sign a union card!!!

flyjetspeed said:
100K for a 5 year Captain on a F2000 is reasonable but NOT for an Ultra or Excel Captain

S ingle Carrier Status – pilots united with one seniority list and equal treatment
No way in this lifetime!!! We do not want to be part of ITB 1108 and never will be part of this chain around the neck of this company!!!! Good luck with the rest. PS don't really care how this ends. I will NEVER sign a union card!!!

100k at year 5 is reasonable for a F2000 Captain???? What are you smoking?? That is so far BELOW reasonable, it's pathetic. A 5 year F2000 Captain should be making 150k MINIMUM. That's the market, fool.

Are you an expert on single carrier status??? I think NOT. Nobody cares if you want it or will sign a union card. Actually I don't think the Union would let you sign one. Nobody cares what you want. If the TA doesn't decide, the courts will. The evidence for a single carrier is overwhelming.
You didn't want the arbitrator to rule in favor of the last 2 class action grievances... what happened??? OH, let me remind you..... the Union won!!! And all of the violations had to paid to the pilots... well over 6 million dollars. I think the single carreier will go the same way.....

Latest resources

Back