• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI Response/No Response

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So in 3 yrs is NJI going to stop hiring and everybody has to start in a Citation or Beechjet ect? Meaning you won't go directly to a Gulfstream.

G4dude said:
First of all, the GIV is no harder to fly than anything else, although the FMS can be quite a handful. The brakes are rather difficult to operate smoothly. Y'all will enjoy it thoroughly, and we will welcome you to NJI. We have a good time, and our corporate culture is absolutely first rate! Congratulations on the new contract!
The only thing my fellow dudes and dudettes are saying about NJA is how glad we are the conflict is over, so we can all go back to doing what we enjoy, namely getting paid to eat at good restaurants.:beer:
You are a scholar and a Gentleman.

Diesel said:
If NJI wants to keep captains in the right seat till they get 100 hours or so that's fine. There are some things that these planes do that only time and experience in the plane will show you.

Thank you, Diesel; that's a voice of reason.

My previous point was that some of the guys coming over don't seem to agree and think they're going to be PIC right off the bat; that's just not going to happen.

Z

I think there was a miscommunication. We don't do that now moving from one type to another here. You do 25 hrs of IOE and then 50 hrs or so later they ask if you are comfortable.

Most people don't push to move out of the right seat too quickly because it has meant bidding schedules and vacation against more senior people sooner.

zman300 said:
Thank you, Diesel; that's a voice of reason.

My previous point was that some of the guys coming over don't seem to agree and think they're going to be PIC right off the bat; that's just not going to happen.

Hmmm. What did the CE-680 do for PICs when they arrived? How about when the CE-750 was new on the property. Did everyone ride side saddle? I think it is great that NJA corporate wants to give the NJA guys coming over some experience in the plane prior to cutting them loose.

So long as Class 4 PIC payrates start immediately for the pilot in question I see no problems.

Latest resources

Back