NJI pay rates?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pay

Starting pay for FO was 65 to 67 grand depending how fast you can talk or walk... Dont think they have hired in quite a while as theyve gotten rid of several of the G wizzes.... about a dozen :rolleyes:

OK, how about the schedules? is it seven on seven off for everyone? What is second year pay? What is upgrade times? Where are the bases? Give it to me! Thanks!

pay

7 on and 7 off for some, not all...... jr peeps work 6 on and 5 off..
donno what 2nd yr pay is and you fly from home providing there is scheduled jet service in and out several times a day.

They are not hiring....infact got rid of 13 planes last year is was told...

Why has EJI been selling off G-whizzes? Which types - GIVSP or GVs? Has this resulted in any redundancies? Are they just adding GVs as they reduce GIVSPs?

What's the story at EJI - rough waters ahead? I have had my stuff in for quite a long time but I have heard NADA............

NJI

The boys from Bluffton are getting bigger again. Next Gulfstream delivery is in the July/August timeframe and the aircraft is completely sold already.

GV

They are getting a few more G's this year but they are replacements for out of warranty aircraft. No new hiring according to the individual I talked to(who is in THE position to know).TC

Flex said:
OK, how about the schedules? is it seven on seven off for everyone? What is second year pay? What is upgrade times? Where are the bases? Give it to me! Thanks!

Schedules work as others have said.

Starting pay as of 2001 (when I got hired) was 67-72k, which was up about 2 grand from 2000. Second year, and any other year, for that matter, is dependent on the company's financial health and the economy, but you can generally expect 3-7% raises yearly. Not the best deal on earth, but not too shabby considering everyone else is cutting pay. The jump to captain, of course, is more substantial (about 18-20%).

Upgrade times depend on how many jets we have and how many folks we hire. For our initial class, we were told to expect 4-5 yrs, where it only took 1.5 yrs in the heyday of the late 90s. Still, an FO for 4-5 yrs is better than furloughed indefinitely, especially since I budgeted my life around starting salary; everything from here on is gravy money.

No bases. Live anywhere in the country with scheduled airline service. Actually, I should say "base" anywhere in the country, since we have an F/A who practically lives in Ireland!

No hiring for the forseeable future, but we just started an initial hire class this week, so I am no longer the bottom of the list!

Hope that gives you the straight scoop.

Latest resources

Back