• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI heading to the Teamsters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I never have problems with NJI guys on the road.. To me, they are part of the same company. In the end we will be.. To much money wasted on admin.

My opinion..

zman300 said:
You really shouldn't genebralize, you know. I work for NJI. I've eaten meals with you guys. I always say "hi" if I'm around you. I've shared my taxis with you guys so you wouldn't have to wait for your own. I've let you go ahead of me in hotel check-in lines so you could relax a little sooner.

Why? Because I don't generalize all of you as being nothing more than self-serving whiners. I know the truth is rather different, and that the SMALL minority on both sides who spew their rhetoric don't represent the vast majority of folks who are interested in nothing more than doing the best job they can, so they can enjoy the things they really love: friends and family. Just look through a few of the threads here; you'll find all the usual suspects. Does that mean everyone at NJA shares their views? I don't think so, and I'm not going to let them affect how I treat others on the road.
;)

None of the pilots of NJA wish any ill will on any from NJI. A small minority on both ends may come across wrong but in the end, we all just want to show up, do our jobs, be treated fairly, then do go home. I have alot of friends from NJI many of which are former NJA who I would look forward to working with again.

However this plays out I think it will work out fine in the end. The sky is not falling, it just got a little bigger.

Flylow,

Some of us do and are reacting accordingly. Others, including SC management, either have their heads in the sand or are spinning like crazy to keep morale from tanking.

RTS visits tomorrow (Friday). Complete rundown to follow.

NJA pilots want to belong to a union. We at NJI do not want anything to do with a union. Why do NJA pilots want to force us to join their union?

G4dude said:
NJA pilots want to belong to a union. We at NJI do not want anything to do with a union. Why do NJA pilots want to force us to join their union?

No one is forcing you to join, you will not have too. You will just pay a service fee the equivalent of the Union fees the NJA pilots pay. If I read the T/A correctly, you will be following the guidelines in the T/A as well if flying with an NJA pilot.

Just what I see.

HD

Last edited:
Hawk Driver, I know you believe this, but the Union plans to force us to join in three years. Just ask Starman. I would rather keep my current pay structure than pay a "service fee" to a loathsome organization like the Teamsters. The thought of paying that bunch of hooligans a penny is nauseating.
When I first heard about the TA, I and my colleagues were happy for you guys. Then we started hearing the seat grab stuff, and the back-of-the-line union coercion stuff. Please enjoy your well-deserved payraise and leave us alone! We did not join NJA specifically we do not like unions, and because NJI treats the pilots much better. It is not our fault NJA pilots have been unhappy, when they joined an unhappy workplace.

G4dude said:
Hawk Driver, I know you believe this, but the Union plans to force us to join in three years. Just ask Starman. I would rather keep my current pay structure than pay a "service fee" to a loathsome organization like the Teamsters. The thought of paying that bunch of hooligans a penny is nauseating.
When I first heard about the TA, I and my colleagues were happy for you guys. Then we started hearing the seat grab stuff, and the back-of-the-line union coercion stuff. Please enjoy your well-deserved payraise and leave us alone! We did not join NJA specifically we do not like unions, and because NJI treats the pilots much better. It is not our fault NJA pilots have been unhappy, when they joined an unhappy workplace.

Unless the contract gets amended, it says you will only need to pay the service fee. I don't think mgmt will allow that part to be amended or anything else to happen. Don't run just yet. I see your frustration.

If you don't think this is the case, then you have three years to make an educated decision about your career. I know it wouldn't be pleasant leaving NJI, but just wait a little longer to see how the cards fall.

HD

G4dude said:

Tick tock...tick tock...one big happy family.

I personally like the sell off of NJI to Gulfstream set up fractional which takes advantage of their entire expanded fleet of aircraft now. Really the only competition for the fractionals like Netjets and Flight Options are manufacture driven ones like Citation Shares.

Publishers said:
I personally like the sell off of NJI to Gulfstream set up fractional which takes advantage of their entire expanded fleet of aircraft now. Really the only competition for the fractionals like Netjets and Flight Options are manufacture driven ones like Citation Shares.

What an interesting idea! However, Santulli appears to have a soft spot for NJI, and probably would be loathe to let it go. However,it would be nice to be far and away from the Teamsters! :)

Latest resources

Back