• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI heading to the Teamsters

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
...and on top of that, you have to remember that many crews have just spent years in a Citation Ultra without an APU, while the guys at NJI have got an easy ride in a G-Whizz. NJA spawned NJI, not the other way 'round.

I would take a humbled Ultra captain and teach him/her international procedures in a heartbeat over some self-described "legend".

It is part of the National Labor Relations Board policy to ensure fairness in collective bargaining agreements. By holding onto the same clientele, under the same marketing brand and treating two groups of employees completely seperately would not have "flown" at the upper echelons of litigation.

It is time for you guys at NJI to realize that we have guys with 400 hours of combat time in F-15s and another 5,500 of heavy jet in MD-11s and DC-10s flying around in Ultras! Life has a way of making you humble.

Wolfpack,

I hear what you're saying, but can you see any benefit to the merger? I don't know this, but I'm willing to bet that since we secured the TA that maybe RTS would bump pay for your side of the house. Kind of a, ease the pain, type raise?

I know nerves are kind of raw at this point, but hopefully we can pull off an easy transition.

PS Great win in ATL Saturday!

Mach92 said:
All you can ever do is be negative. It will happen and if its sold then what? Why do have SUCH a hard time with us ALL being one list? What is your beef?

Maybe it's just because he doesn't want to be a union puppet with someone else pulling his strings and making all his decisions for him. Many pilots chose, as I would have, to go to NJI precisely because it was non union.

..and many pilots at NJA have chosen to make you part of us, because you took some of our aircraft and our flying.

Your chronology of events needs some correcting.

Hawkered said:
..and many pilots at NJA have chosen to make you part of us, because you took some of our aircraft and our flying.

Your chronology of events needs some correcting.

I can see that this is going to get nasty, but for what it's worth, it was an exception to scope by IBT Local 248 in December 1994 that allowed EJI/NJI to come into being and ensured Gulfstream's participation in making it possible. It looks like you guys have changed your mind.

GV

GV,

Obviously RTS did too...that's why it's in the new TA. Not to mention the fact that he's finally delivering on the promise he made to the pilots who were at EJA at the time.

Three years is an eternity in this business. Did NJA get any guarantees that any of its pilots could go with NJI in the event of a sale within those three years? TC

Yes thats the answer. Sale NJI just to screw the pilots. You have to be smarter than that. Santulli wants to make money and not dismantle the company he built. If you were all smart you would organize join the 1108 and get a little protection from being stapled to the bottom of NJA seniortiy list.

I still believe that the single carrier action has no chance. BTW what is to stop NJI from putting together their own in house union or joining another.

wolfpackpilot said:
BBJ guy

Actually you are incorrect on being forced into the union. Never said you would be! For arguments sake, let’s say in three years NJI operations are dissolved into NJA. Unless I am completely laid off from my employer and given a written notice of such; I cannot be forced to join or pay any dues or fees Now here is where you are wrong, you will not have to join, but by Federal Law (that would be the RLA) you would be required to pay a Service Fee, and just so happens that the current "Service Fee" is the same as the dues the "members" pay. associated with Union membership in the event my company is sold, traded (whatever) to a unionized work force. Federal Law protects employees (the term is grandfathered) who did not vote for union representation at the time the union was ushered in or when a non union work forced is merged with a union workforce. The law you are talking about applies to pilots already in and who came to work at an already unionized workforce, nobody HAS to "Join" the Union, everyone HAS to pay a service fee. A Single Carrier is a representation dispute, and once it is determined that a Union does in fact represent the class and craft, then you are going to be paying a fee. You just wont have grievance protections. You will work under the contract, you just wont get to vote on it, etc. Allegheny-Mohawk is the merger law, may want to read up on that!

Now if my employment is terminated, and I get a letter saying I can apply to ‘x’ company, then I must abide by the rules of any labor contract that is in place. I still don’t have to join the union, but most states require the employee to pay an administration fee which basically covers the union dues anyway. Correct, as stated above, doesn't matter either way.

A person could hypothetically be forced to work under the rules of a union contract, but they cannot be forced to join a union. Never said you would, just that the operation will be unionized at a given date.

Either way, I will believe it when I see it. Three years is a long time, and my bet is NJI gets sold before your clock strikes midnight.
And under the many other scope rerquirements and the RLA, that would be fine as well.

Latest resources

Back