Nji Gpac

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Gruman Fan

Like so many fellow pilots, I have seen the good, the bad and all the ugly that flying airplanes has to offer. I personally never thought I would find myself working at NetJets, but here I am. And I have to be honest; I love this place.

We are at a crossroads in aviation. To my knowledge two pilot groups have never traveled this road quite the way we are. Therefore we have the ability to make great strides, or great mistakes. NJI pilots will soon become NJASAP members. Our ranks are filled with ex-airliners, scabs, corporate guys, regional guys, old union reps, ex-pats, cargo dogs, and guys who cant spell u-n-i-o-n. It is safe to say that getting NJI pilots to do anything collectively could be characterized as “herding cats”. But like someone said, a marriage is about to happen and a quick divorce is not an option. We must find a way to work together, and integrate together so that our great company can continue on the road to success. Sure, it takes a 10 people to move a plane and only two are pilots; but without a doubt we are the key of the entire operation. And with that comes tremendous strength and responsibility. We have before us a chance to rewrite the book on pilot mergers. For the 1st time in modern history we can do something positive in this crappy business of pilot vs. pilot vs. management vs. union vs. pilot.

I flew at Delta Airlines, and looking back it was miserable. ALPA couldn’t get their head out of the sand long enough to realize they were robbing Paul to pay Peter. It was sad to watch the never-ending death spiral and know that I couldn’t do anything about it. Well now I’m here at NetJets and I personally think NJASAP has their heads on straight and have learned a thing or two from other “unionized” groups. The mere fact that they dumped the Teamsters was enough for me to acknowledge they are truly blazing a new path in this industry.

WE NEED TO WORK TOGETHER!

NJI pilots can no longer ignore the future. We need to support the GPAC effort and send them forward to meet with the union to help us merge… smoothly and peacefully. We need this to happen for too many reasons to list here. But we all have been at places that were rotten gigs, shame on us if we turn NetJets into that.

We have nothing to fear from NJASAP. If we go into this with an open mind and stick our hand out, I’m willing to gamble it wont get bitten off. But we need a few folks who can speak on our behalf and get this merger done right. Management cannot speak for us on union issues. It’s sort of like asking the cop who gave you a ticket for the name of a good lawyer.

We have nothing to fear from Okatie Management. They know we’re going into the union and they know its only natural for us to start preparing for it now. One member of management actually told me it was a good thing for everyone if we are open and proactive about this. As long as our intentions are positive and we aren’t trying to throw a grenade in the tent, I’m willing to gamble they will accept GPAC as a legitimate voice.

• I’m standing up and supporting NJASAP. Please open the union boards for us to have private discussions. I look forward to being in a “new” union.
  • I’m standing up and supporting GPAC. I’ve nominated my 4 people and hope they will go forward and help us accomplish a smooth transition. I hope they will work with the union in getting us off on the right foot. I hope they offer their assistance to NJASAP and help them to understand our operation.
  • I’m standing up and supporting our Management. Even though I feel we have not always been given the straight talk, I do think that Bill Noe and company have treated us well (I take back the comment about him lying to us). We do have a fun, family feeling to NJI and I greatly enjoy flying here. Our management certainly deserves our acknowledgement for that.

Please get the word out… Lets get proactive about this NJI, its time.

Register, nominate, and send a group of solid people to speak for NJI pilots.

[email protected] is where it all happens.

very well thought out post.

Gulfstream Pilots Action Comittee

Good post Grumman! I like the mantra of solidarity and cooperation.

If I may, what specifically are the issues NJI pilots are concerned with during the merger that haven't already been addressed and worked-out in the LOA???

Do we think GPAC will get the info flowing?

NJASAP has all the communication tools necessary to run a presidential campaign if need be. I think once we have a group who is working with NJASAP, information will flow through that mechanism.

NJI pilots need not fear the union, as I believe there are enough pilots here who never want to see an “ALPA” style organization again. I also believe that Mr. Santulli never wants ALPA style pilots flying his billionaire owners around the globe.

Good posts all. For us At NJI to integrate into an in-house union, we probably need to be represented at the table, for anything that might come up regarding the melding of our different corporate cultures. After all, we are vastly outnumbered by a group of very good pilots, some of whom are quite different in their views on how they want the pilots to perform for the company. I mean no disrespect, except to the radicals we run into every now and then on the road.

Ident

I received an email asking me to join the effort to form a group to speak for the NJI pilots. I replied twice"you know who I am, who are you"?

Now I have an answer. "For job security reasons, the key organizers will not be revealing their identity."

I and others have tried to form a group to sit at the table during negotiations . This was put to B.N. and S.E. both were open and receptive. They are not the final answer in these matters and we have been told that this is logistically not possible (at this time).

We were open and transparent, we sign our work sort of speak.

My personal email spells out who I am as well as the posts on this open board. Those involved either know who I am or can figure it out easily enough.

I cannot at this time trust a group or individual
that can't or won't trust me. I don't mind working in the dark, but I don't think your my type..:blush:

Even my religion doesn't require "blind faith", just faith.

I would like to know more and believe that better communications is required. It has not been a one way street with regards to communications to and from the "Swamp" ever.

If this rattles your cage then your then your in the same buggy as the office has been from time to time. I guess that would be a "swamp buggy"

I had one blind date once and I should have been blind. So how about this time lets talk, date ?, hell
maybe we can even dance:eek:

Regards,
TCA

Latest resources

Back