Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJI and G450s and G550s - How Many in the Fleet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Heavy Set

Just curious. How many G450s and G550s does NJI currently operate? How many on order going forward? Will they gradually replace all of the current GIVs and "older generation" GVs? Are all NJI Gulfstreams equipped with HUDs?

I just got a tour of a G550 and I just about fell over - that flight deck could not be more foreign to me... Very space-shuttle like. Of course, when you are flying an archaic Lear 35, everything looks super-automated...

It’s pretty easy HS. An hour on the computer and you could be muddling thru it like everyone else. To answer your question, I think we have five or six 450’s and two or three 550’s. And I have no idea what is replacing what, heard a rumor the GVI or G600 is going to be the same Type Certificate so who knows. Maybe V Flyer is listening.

Heavy Set said:
Just curious. How many G450s and G550s does NJI currently operate? How many on order going forward? Will they gradually replace all of the current GIVs and "older generation" GVs? Are all NJI Gulfstreams equipped with HUDs?

4/2
8 on order
yes
yes

Heavy Set said:
Very space-shuttle like.

Thats because only us Ex-NASA guys get to fly them!

IM ONLY JOKING!!

Heavy Set said:
How many G450s and G550s does NJI currently operate? Will they gradually replace all of the current GIVs and "older generation" GVs? Are all NJI Gulfstreams equipped with HUDs?

I just got a tour of a G550 and I just about fell over - that flight deck could not be more foreign to me... Very space-shuttle like. Of course, when you are flying an archaic Lear 35, everything looks super-automated...

About four and two . . . 450's and 550's are the only planes being purchased and will replace the IV's and V's eventually . . . No

I came from a Lear to a IV - and not only does it look different - but G names things differently as well. Initial is work! (know what a nutcracker is?)

Last number I heard was 36 GIV's and 7 "old school" GV's. The company is reportedly starting to retire a GIV here and there as G450's arrive.

Less than a year to go before I get to fly the Captain Billy Wizbang 450/550 and I get to torture Wolfpack again!

gutshotdraw said:
Less than a year to go before I get to fly the Captain Billy Wizbang 450/550 and I get to torture Wolfpack again!

You better watch out! I'll gas ya when your in the crew rest bunk. Ive been eating some very strange food around the globe lately.:eek:

wolfpackpilot said:
You better watch out! I'll gas ya when your in the crew rest bunk. Ive been eating some very strange food around the globe lately.:eek:

Are we talking Fear Factor types of food? Spiders, stink beetles, slugs, monkey brains, etc.?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back