• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJASAPs Lack of Representation Regarding Furloughed Pilots

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My guess is that recall rights will remain but longevity will be gone or frozen similar to UAL. He's right, we are way too expensive to recall and NJASAP can use that as negotiation power...

Your in house union at NJ has no legal obligation to represent a pilot who does not work there. That's the law.

Having said that, I feel just as strongly the union has a moral obligation to take the furloughees into consideration with any agreements they may enter into with management.

Flightbag

I'm sorry to hear some of ya'll have such little faith in the fortitude of our group.

Believe me when I say it will be a cold day in Hell before anyone gets "sold down the river."

There are a great number of us who would rather let Uncle Warren lock the doors right before we BTMFD than let that happen.

Jetlag, it's not a loss of faith in the pilot group, it's a lack of trust in the union leadership.

I'm not sure that came out right. Are you saying then the pilot group is ignoring the furloughed pilots?

When somebody says you have nothing to worry about...you really have something to worry about.

I specifically brought up the "being sold down the river" scenario to the few NJASAP'ers who took the time to visit our side of the message board... My question to them was (paraphrasing) " Can you guarantee with 100% certainty that nothing will change in regards to recall rights, longetivity increases etc...."

The answer I received answered neither question.. It was a vague response at best... Basically I was informed that of course it would come down to a membership vote.. (which I understood)... When I redirected my question to include the fact that anything brought to a vote has to come from the negotiating committee. And that it should be as simple as deciding beforehand that the negotiating committee will not entertain any TA that includes a deterioration of furloughee rights. The answer I received was that the negotiating committee has to go in and work out the best possible TA for it's members....

Further on it was explained that the most likely scenario (if it happened at all) would be a grandfathering in of the current furloughs, but any future new hires:erm: would fall under the new TA that could keep their recall rights reduced (if there were ever any new hires that eventually got furloughed at some point) Which to me is akin to having half the company home based and half the company reduced to 5 bases..hmmmmm...Nothing like having the same employee groups work under a different set of rules.....

Should have known not to trust an employee group that is willing to negotiate a reduced set of work rules for employees not yet on property but that will be called "brother" as soon as they pass their type ride...

I like netjets, great job, best I've ever had. I'm happy here, no desire whatsoever to go back to the airlines

Then I come to FI, read these union threads and everything goes to s***t. Always the same guys talking about "moving on", "can't wait to get on with an airline" and how netjets is destroying your life, but you guys are still here.

How I wish those of you who want your airline job get your airline job. This negative stuff is getting tiresome

I like netjets, great job, best I've ever had. I'm happy here, no desire whatsoever to go back to the airlines

Then I come to FI, read these union threads and everything goes to s***t. Always the same guys talking about "moving on", "can't wait to get on with an airline" and how netjets is destroying your life, but you guys are still here.

How I wish those of you who want your airline job get your airline job. This negative stuff is getting tiresome

Your wish has already been granted, however, when something has a direct connection to previous conversations (which possibly adds information to this topic) I don't see a problem coming over here to check up on what's going on at a former company.

I'm not sure that came out right. Are you saying then the pilot group is ignoring the furloughed pilots?

When somebody says you have nothing to worry about...you really have something to worry about.

Do you ever get tired of stirring the pot???

Latest resources

Back