• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJASAP urges Flexjet, Flight Options to #VoteUnion

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
WL "GC-I’m not trying to silence you Dude….Post on. BTW, was DAC paying you a salary while you”were lining their pockets?” My career has been/continues to be with Flex/DAC, so don’t tell me how I should feel about the IBT.

But it's ok for you to tell me and others who have not been treated the best, how we should feel about Local 1108? They are my fellow pilots working together for all of our benefit-including your WL.

CA1900-have you ever worked for an IBT-backed carrier?

Yes, I work for Netjets, and our pilot group was affiliated with IBT for decades before we went independent seven years ago. I won't restate what Fischman posted because his posting is spot-on about why we went independent.

It’s getting late and been up a while but here’s a few comments for the various posts:

Many comments were made about the 2002 broken promises….that was 13 years ago….are you telling me that someone, anyone, would continue working for a company that corrupt for 13 years(today)….I dunno, maybe some of you would. I do know I only hear one side of the story from proven liars with a big agenda to fill, so your “stories” don’t hold much water for me.

“So you actually support having a union?” I’ve said on this board several times I’m not anti-union, just ANTI-IBT, and that there are companies that need unions, especially in past times. That point seems to go over your heads. Nowadays unions are rejected by all kinds of workers because workers have figured out how corrupt and inefficient most unions are. Japanese and European unions work with management and produce superior products. Would you rather drive a Chevy Impala or BMW…their about the same price. All I’m saying is the IBT is a poisonous, management-hating entity that will do and say anything to get a foot in the door. I see and hear this every day. They have torn my company apart (please save your platitudes for someone else) and encourage this “give it to the man” attitude that will cause the company to falter and eventually fail if they are voted in. It’s not surprising the NJ folks want them in our company…it would give their faltering operation a huge boost to tell potential clients the competition voted in the IBT.

And finally, the stupidest thing I’ve seen posted her yet…”this isn’t personal”. You’re right… it’s way beyond personal. Calling management stupid, ignorant, Hitler etc is way beyond personal.

If FO/FLEX pilots would like to gain some semblance of a culture and start making market wages and reap the benefits from working with management you need to VOTE NO. Management is not the enemy. This culture destroying misguided gang of hooligans is your true enemy. You have an opportunity to throw off their shakles and enjoy the fruits of your labor soon. Vote them in and your insured of years of below par everything and will find yourself in a race to the bottom. It’s your choice. VOTE NO!
WL

If FO/FLEX pilots would like to gain some semblance of a culture and start making market wages and reap the benefits from working with management you need to VOTE NO. Management is not the enemy. This culture destroying misguided gang of hooligans is your true enemy. You have an opportunity to throw off their shakles and enjoy the fruits of your labor soon. Vote them in and your insured of years of below par everything and will find yourself in a race to the bottom. It?s your choice. VOTE NO!
WL

That is the exact opposite of correct.

If the union isn't voted in, you are an "at will employee" meaning management can reduce your pay, change your work rules, reduce your benefits, stop 401k contributions AT WILL. At THEIR will.

The only way to protect yourselves from that happening is to vote in a union and secure a CBA.

Again, the only hooligans you would have to deal with are the ones at your local that you vote in. Are you saying your co-workers are "hooligans"?

UNION YES!!!

Quote:

If the union isn't voted in, you are an "at will employee" meaning management can reduce your pay, change your work rules, reduce your benefits, stop 401k contributions AT WILL. At THEIR will.

The only way to protect yourselves from that happening is to vote in a union and secure a CBA.

Again, the only hooligans you would have to deal with are the ones at your local that you vote in. Are you saying your co-workers are "hooligans"?

UNION YES!!!
End Quote:

fischman-your last post was good, this one not so much.

Are you saying management is the enemy? If that is the case, then yea, you need a union. If, however, that is NOT the case, why give a ?protection racket? like the IBT your hard-earned dues?
Doesn?t make sense. They are corrupt and a bunch of bullies. Just because a bunch of yahoos say and print scurrilous stuff doesn?t make it true. We?ve(Flex) been an ?at will? company for 20 years and are some of the highest paid fractional pilots around. Certainly much more than the IBT unionized FO guys. Our new management is trying to implement a different way of providing lift to rich folks/companies/etc but is dragged down at every chance by the IBT acolytes. A fair-minded approach would be to see if this might work?.if it doesn?t, then the owners/backers lose?the IBT doesn?t have a nickel in the game?they are takers, not givers.

MANAGEMENT IS NOT THE ENEMY. If/when the IBT comes on property, a pallor of customer indifference and a disdain for hard work settles in on the workforce. There are MANY YAMMER POSTS FROM CROSS-OVERS STATING THIS, PLUS YOU CAN SEE AND HEAR ABOUT IT EVERY DAY. NJ WOULD LOVE TO SEE US VOTE IN THE IBT.

The race to the bottom will have begun.

Vote yourselves a chance to succeed in this race.
VOTE NO!
WL

Last edited:
Warlord 19,
I'll repost until you answer.

WL,
We are still waiting for the copy of the transcripts that proves that you didn't say " that you thought it would be insulting to the dog if someone sent dog feces through the us mail to the IBT1108 Office". Please provide the transcript to prove you are not lying.

Please provide the names of companies in recent history that the 1108 represented that merged lists via DOH. Names of companies and dates please. You have been spouting off about how the SLI is going to be date of hire because you claim its how the 1108 has always done it. Please back up your claim with the companies and dates, otherwise it will just prove you have no credibility.

Quote:

UNION YES!!!
End Quote:

fischman-your last post was good, this one not so much.

Are you saying management is the enemy? If that is the case, then yea, you need a union. If, however, that is NOT the case, why give a ?protection racket? like the IBT your hard-earned dues?
Doesn?t make sense. They are corrupt and a bunch of bullies. Just because a bunch of yahoos say and print scurrilous stuff doesn?t make it true. We?ve(Flex) been an ?at will? company for 20 years and are some of the highest paid fractional pilots around. Certainly much more than the IBT unionized FO guys. Our new management is trying to implement a different way of providing lift to rich folks/companies/etc but is dragged down at every chance by the IBT acolytes. A fair-minded approach would be to see if this might work?.if it doesn?t, then the owners/backers lose?the IBT doesn?t have a nickel in the game?they are takers, not givers.

MANAGEMENT IS NOT THE ENEMY. If/when the IBT comes on property, a pallor of customer indifference and a disdain for hard work settles in on the workforce. There are MANY YAMMER POSTS FROM CROSS-OVERS STATING THIS, PLUS YOU CAN SEE AND HEAR ABOUT IT EVERY DAY. NJ WOULD LOVE TO SEE US VOTE IN THE IBT.

The race to the bottom will have begun.

Vote yourselves a chance to succeed in this race.
VOTE NO!
WL

Management is not your friend, unless of course, you are management. I encourage the flex/flops pilots to vote yes.

"...a pallor of customer indifference and a disdain for hard work settles in on the workforce."

So true! That's why Netjets is four times larger, IOW more successful, than the combined Flex/Options pilot group! Because they have so much "customer indifference and disdain for hard work"...umm...wait...four times more successful than we are!?!? Your logic is wrong, dead wrong! Netjets is more successful, and their pilots are more successful, because there is no negative affect to unionization on pilot work ethic. The only affect of unionization is a greater reward to the pilot for that hard work ethic. Otherwise Netjets would be failing.

Latest resources

Back