Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJASAP Officials stand in front on Flexjet sign with their center fingers extended

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
#Morefakenews by the KR haters. My day rate as a 1st year SIC is 355/day. EnFuego seems to think working less days = more money at NJ. My buddy sent me the 2015 NJ CBA from his P2P and told me that they are in year 4 of their deal. Not sure how a '15 agreement is in year 4 but even so I'm pretty sure that means he makes 350/day. I make 355/day. Check your facts too R-man; I'm looking at the NJ deal and what it says is that up to 20% of a pilots eligible compensation will be subject to the 51% match. I am pretty sure that means if you make 10k/month and can contribute the full 20% to your 401k ($2,000) that they will match $1,020. Keep drinking that juice because with the IRS limit at $18,500/yr, you can't even contribute 20% / pay so it's just lipstick on pig. You KR haters don't have the capacity to think beyond the next item on the checklist.

You make $355 a day by your own admission. The Netjets 52 day (average 13 days per month) pays $59,435. 13x12=156. $59,435/156=$380.99 per day. I know math class is tough Barbie, but there it is.

R-man - I'm flying today in fact. Showed my captain your post and he tells me that you used to work here. He told me your work for Spirit. Sounds like you are nothing more than a KR hater and a troll from the airline side.I joined in March because that's when I got hired. Try and keep up.

He appears to work for NJ’s but whether he works there, at Spirit, Envoy or the circus doesnt matter.

Either his positions are right or wrong. You have lost the argument when you have to resort to things like “.....you don’t work here.”

LOL! You're a genius! Whenever I reference Netjets pilots I say "we". But you had to consult your captain to figure out I fly at Netjets. Bwahahaha! Funny stuff!
Combine your sluething capabilities with your basic math abilities and yes, I'd say you're EXACTLY the sort of employee KR is looking for!

Keep throwing the insults though. I guess you're hoping the rest of us will forget you haven't addressed, using any actual numbers or facts, a single point I've made.

By the way, I did used to fly for KR, but left before he even started FLOPS. So I know EXACTLY what sort of person he is, how well he keeps his promises, and how he compensates his pilots. I've got years more experience with him than you do. But please, keep telling me all about him. I'm a fan of fiction.

R-man - I'm flying today in fact. Showed my captain your post and he tells me that you used to work here. He told me your work for Spirit. Sounds like you are nothing more than a KR hater and a troll from the airline side.I joined in March because that's when I got hired. Try and keep up.

Pah-leeeeeeze!

So EnFuego is clearly not relevant in this conversation as he doesn't know anything. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't know the policies if he had it on audibook and listened to it every day. Not to mention he clearly has no ability to network. I only ask EnFuego that you try your second grade math elsewhere.

Wow R-man -- bragging about PTO buybacks. Let me clue you in how KR handles things. Over 12 hours of duty; we get 1.5x our daily rate. Over 14 hours of duty; we get 3x our daily rate. We also get paid for early starts and get extended day pay at 1.5x our daily rate if the company can't get us home by the cut-off + we get work days eliminated (paid) on the other end. Plus I can work as much as I want with no limits to my extended work days at 1.5x my rate. Can you work at much as you want? I didn't think so.

While you may not pay a dime in medical "premium' costs I'm sure NJASAP forgot to tell you that you'll pay more when the insurance bill comes to your home -- did you really think that you're healthcare was free?? I'll admit that I haven't had to use the Medical, Vision or Dental yet but for the pennies it cost per month and not having to pay dues; I guarantee I'll come ahead on this one.

Onto the topic of PTO and Personal Days. I've done my homework. NJ doesn't offer new hires any personal days. #MoreFakeNews Even after you get your PDs, better hope that you know at least 3 days beforehand or else it'll cost you 2 PTO days, unless of course it's one of the 20x per year that those are "not available". And as far as "vacation" at NJ compared to FJ goes... You must be living a good life there if you only get 2 whole weeks from years 1-4. KR gives us 15 days as New Hires in year 1; 17 days in year 2; 22 days in year 3. Sounds like NJ falls short on that one too.

Also - I'm reading the NJ CBA sections 8/10 and wow - good luck getting anything approved if you're a newbie like me or have something come up last minute. WOW! I can't believe you are excited about that contract. Sorry but it's nothing more than a bunch of **** negotiated for a portion of your earnings.

Lets get back to the 401k matching for a new hire at NJ. Year 5 of the NJ agreement on the 7&7 CC60 schedule is 65,728. If that pilot could contribute the max of 20% over each paycheck; he'll contribute 13,145.60/yr. NJ would match @ 53% 6,967.16. A far cry from the $9,805 that you're trying to sell. Now lets be real, it's likely that a NJ new hire contributes 6% which means that pilot will get a whole $2,090.15 vs the same pilot (like myself) who will get 100% match on that 6% @ $3,943.68. Once again a win for FJ.

#RealLifeEconomics

Now if you're a Red Label Captain at FJ, you're making 1090/day (not including OT or the 20% bonus or Fuel Bonuses); those guys are pulling down well north of 12,753/year in 401k matching from KR (this is a minimum). Who wins? Another win for FJ.

I know it's tough to accept but FJ is a much better place than NJ. I'm glad you haters think you know so much. I'm only a 1st year SIC and figured it out. I have 318 pilots here to thank for this opportunity. You are nothing but the same three agitators on this site spreading BS.

NJA does the match for 20% during the year, but will do a catch-up match at the end of the year for contributions over 20%. So, the full 9,805 is available to everyone who puts away the maximum allowable 401K contribution. I was putting away 15% into my 401K as a new hire. I would have received less match from Flex. That's real life economics.

Last edited:
And to think, some manager is getting paid to post as a new hire pilot in an attempt to recruit.

And to think, some manager is getting paid to post as a new hire pilot in an attempt to recruit.

You’d think the place sells itself as it’s clearly better than NJ’s. Guess all those parked planes are just being rested for that huge hiring wave one poster was so sure is coming.

Latest resources

Back