NJA's best

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beernutz

Alright, so from various threads, everyone's weighed in to some degree, say you were concerned with aircraft only, domicile second, anybody go any clear favorites NJA? Int's vs domestic, comfort vs easy trips, anything . . .

(prior USAF, selected for interview, with 5 domicilies in the ivitation)

Thanks all

If it were me, the DA2000 (FA), 800XPC, 800XP (both have very little bag area, self explanatory), G200 (looks like a cool plane to fly).

Last edited:
The falcon with out question has the most comfort. and you have a flight attendent (some dont like that though). This and the BBJ, the only ones with flight attendents. you won't get the BBJ

As you know we have a few different airplanes here. different people like differnt planes.

Did they give you a choice of planes yet, if so which ones? Which planes with which domicile? it will be easier to give you suggestions that way.

Pm me if you whant

Thanks all. In response, they've just told me basically that there are several different start dates, but among them all the domiciles, and I'm just trying to gather info on who likes what aircraft. I know I've got to get hired first, then be offered a choice. But down the road who knows . . .

So even on the DA2000, you may not have flight attendent, and pilots are, um, hosting the owners, safety briefings, all that?

And the all important, out of curiosity, which ones have a lav?

Thanks all. In response, they've just told me basically that there are several different start dates, but among them all the domiciles, and I'm just trying to gather info on who likes what aircraft. I know I've got to get hired first, then be offered a choice. But down the road who knows . . .

So even on the DA2000, you may not have flight attendent, and pilots are, um, hosting the owners, safety briefings, all that?

And the all important, out of curiosity, which ones have a lav?

Pick the DA2000 if you want a flight attendant. Who wouldn't? You probably end up in the XL or Beechjet in a few years when you upgrade. Other good airplanes would be the G200 (nice wide cockpit) and the Hawker 800XPC - you would get to fly theh 900XPC and get differences pay when that type comes on board. I've heard good things about the Sovereign as well. If you can get the Falcon 2000 off the bat then do it.

Don't bid the X from what I'm reading on our Mesage Boards there are some serious TOOLS! over there that feel that only they can Fly Owner legs! NJA is a great place to work but sometime your gonna fly with one of our tools that feels that only they can fly airplanes. Usually they are a 9-10 yr guy with no 121 time and lack any SOP's.

Netjets is getting better every year but don't believe your gonna upgrade in 2 yrs here plan on 3-5 yrs. I'm not planning on leaving love the company my only complaint is reading on our union board that we have guys here that believe that the Owners expect to be flown by the Captains or that they are the only ones with experience. Its total crap and I hope our SIC that do fly with these Truds are calling the ACP and asking to be removed from flying with these captains here!

If these guys who won't let you fly owner legs because only they have the experience to do so! whats gonna happen when you have an inflight emergency or a go/no go situation on the ground and he doesnt respect your opinion do you launch anyways? Like I said NJA is a great company to work for but its these group or guys that make the job really hard. I haven't had the pleasure of flying with any of these spanks yet but I won't fly with any one of them.

Don't bid the X from what I'm reading on our Mesage Boards there are some serious TOOLS! over there that feel that only they can Fly Owner legs!.

I haven't had the pleasure of flying with any of these spanks yet but I won't fly with any one of them.

Just to put it in context, I have been in the ultra a little less than 2 years, and haven't run into that issue. I did talk with a X fo last trip about it, he said that he runs into it around 1/3 of the time, and that all of the captains who insist on only them flying pax tend to be the senior captains at the company. I would assume that issue is not with the X fleet, but because the X is a class 2 pay scale, they would have a greater percentage of the senior captains on that type.

I really wouldn't let this issue affect which airplane to take. I think it would depend on what profile you like to fly, if you like shorter legs choose the smaller aircraft, more international flights or long legs choose the larger ones.

All of the airplanes have a lav, it is primitive in the Ultra/Encore and 400, yes you have to carry a honey pot around in the cabin, but because it is such a pain to use, I hardly ever have to wipe up rich guy pee... I maybe have to change it out once or twice for a week tour....

Latest resources

Back