From the "official CVR"

P1: Set thrust
P2: Thrust set

P2: 80 knots
P1: Checked

P2: V1...Rotate
P1: What did you say about my prostate?

P2: I said ROTATE!
P1: You little whipper snappers! You're never happy. I give up 15% of MY PAY that I've God Damn earned and you have the gall to...

P2: No no no...I said ROTATE! Pull back!
P1: NO SACK? Son, I was doing this before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye. I built this place to be what...

P2: Captain, we only have a few thousand feet left, either rotate or abort...I'd rotate!
P1: More with the prostrate jokes eh?

P2: My controls!

background: sound of screeching tires and reverse thrust

end of tape.

That has got to be one of the funniest posts I have ever seen! :laugh: :beer:

Just finished XL recurrent and one of our NJ class-mates explained that some sort of limiter stop bolt at the base of the yoke had broken off and had somehow lodged itself in the flight controls. As a result of the restriction, the yoke couldn't be moved far enough aft to unstick the nosewheel. Amazing the things that are shared in class in the interest of safety. Enjoy!

Thanks....that is good to know.

I got the scoop...

From the "official CVR"

P1: Set thrust
P2: Thrust set

P2: 80 knots
P1: Checked

P2: V1...Rotate
P1: What did you say about my prostate?

P2: I said ROTATE!
P1: You little whipper snappers! You're never happy. I give up 15% of MY PAY that I've God Damn earned and you have the gall to...

P2: No no no...I said ROTATE! Pull back!
P1: NO SACK? Son, I was doing this before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye. I built this place to be what...

P2: Captain, we only have a few thousand feet left, either rotate or abort...I'd rotate!
P1: More with the prostrate jokes eh?

P2: My controls!

background: sound of screeching tires and reverse thrust

end of tape.

:laugh:....Classic!!!!!

According to my source:

MY SOURCE

over 500 million Twinkies are sold every year. There are only 350 million people in the USA. There is no fat tax yet, which is fortuitous as there a a ton of fat people. (no tun intended (yes it was...both times))

Ahem.......

USA Census 2008 = 304,059,724

From those, 66% of noninstitutionalized adults age 20 years and over are overweight or obese....... :eek:

Source = CDC

During the past 20 years there has been a dramatic increase in obesity in the United States. In 2008, only one state (Colorado) had a prevalence of obesity less than 20%. Thirty-two states had a prevalence equal to or greater than 25%; six of these states (Alabama, Mississippi, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, and West Virginia ) had a prevalence of obesity equal to or greater than 30%.

Whatever you decide as a national/federal health-care plan, it's gonna hurt you in years to come; from USA Today:

Americans who are 30 or more pounds over a healthy weight cost the country an estimated $147 billion in weight-related medical bills in 2008, double the amount a decade ago, according to a study by government scientists and the non-profit research group RTI International.

Obesity now accounts for 9.1% of all medical spending, up from 6.5% in 1998. Overall, an obese patient has $4,871 in medical bills a year compared with $3,442 for a patient at a healthy weight.

Cut down on those Twinkies!!! :p

I'd scrap those electric buggies in Walmart, if the morbidly obese can't walk round, then they don't get their candies!! :D

[Maybe the XL crew forgot their catering order........!! ;) ]

Latest resources

Back