• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA XLS abort at KGSP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know any details on why the AC would not rotate?
I'm assuming (given the aircraft and the inspection panels that were removed from it) that the tail was not in the Take Off position, but what happened to cause no annunciators in the cockpit that the crew "should have" saw prior to the take off roll?

Could of just walked over there and found out what was going on if you were so concerned.

I'm sorry to hear that your concern for safety is limited to your company. And yes it is my business since I operate the exact same airplanes. I might not be in the "club", but we as pilots have a professional obligation to keep each other safe.

BTW, it was not a tail issue. Although it was some kind of flight control malfunction. Thank goodness they were on an 11K rynway!

Demand to speak with the chief pilot of the NJA XLS fleet.
Identify yourself as someone who doesn't work at Netjets, who is asking questions and demanding answers on an anonymous internet message board.
Declare to the c.p. you are concerned about safety and it's his professional obligation to tell you everything he knows.
Be sure to use the line " I want the truth!", convince him you can handle the truth.
Tell us all how it went.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
What confidentiality agreement being violated are you talking about. Like the rich and famous don't fly on QS tails. Are you talking about the young lady the owner is flying with is not his wife. Do you get the financial details of your owners or know that they are flying to TEB to close on a super deal that if disclosed ahead of time would lead to insider trading. Inquiring minds want to know.

What confidentiality agreement being violated are you talking about. Like the rich and famous don't fly on QS tails. Are you talking about the young lady the owner is flying with is not his wife. Do you get the financial details of your owners or know that they are flying to TEB to close on a super deal that if disclosed ahead of time would lead to insider trading. Inquiring minds want to know.

Demand to speak with the chief pilot of the NJA XLS fleet.
Identify yourself as someone who doesn't work at Netjets, who is asking questions and demanding answers on an anonymous internet message board.

Tell us all how it went.:rolleyes:

I'm sorry to hear that your concern for safety is limited to your company. And yes it is my business since I operate the exact same airplanes. I might not be in the "club", but we as pilots have a professional obligation to keep each other safe.

BTW, it was not a tail issue. Although it was some kind of flight control malfunction. Thank goodness they were on an 11K rynway!

Matthewjohn, if the reason for the abort was some issue related to an aircraft component or such, you can bet the FSR has been brought in on the loop, and that information disseminated to all FSR's. With that said, if you want the "scoop", simply call your FSR and they will let you know what's going on.

I have used this on a number of occasions so that information can be accurately communicated to those operating the aircraft.

And it's the FSR's obligation to communicate this to the operators, EVEN if it's preliminary data. No reason whatsoever to even call anyone at NJ. You can get the info in a 2 minute phone call.

Last edited:
Here's the poop!

Just finished XL recurrent and one of our NJ class-mates explained that some sort of limiter stop bolt at the base of the yoke had broken off and had somehow lodged itself in the flight controls. As a result of the restriction, the yoke couldn't be moved far enough aft to unstick the nosewheel. Amazing the things that are shared in class in the interest of safety. Enjoy!

Just finished XL recurrent and one of our NJ class-mates explained that some sort of limiter stop bolt at the base of the yoke had broken off and had somehow lodged itself in the flight controls. As a result of the restriction, the yoke couldn't be moved far enough aft to unstick the nosewheel. Amazing the things that are shared in class in the interest of safety. Enjoy!

Interest of safety are the key words here. Thanks.

with googly eyes...don't forget the eyes!

Latest resources

Back