Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA wanted NJI pilots to become part of Union in TA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Learjet Pilot said:
mine tends to stray on occasion depending on if it is a full moon.

Hey man, it's been fun, but today is my B day and my girlfriend is taking me to dinner. Fly safe.

Whats gotta really pis them off and others is the fact I am going to be making 90K a year working 7 on 7 off minus vacations flying one of your "twin cessnas." Calling my plane names still doesn't make me want to step foot in a Gulfstream...

Funny thing is that a 5 year ultra captain will make 135k a year flying that twin cessna if he whores himself out for 20 days a month on the reserve...not saying that is what I want to do but the option for an ultra guy to make 135k at the drop of a hat (not counting per diem or holiday pay) is pretty impressive if you ask me. If he is a check airman add 12k a year to that.

Last edited:
Learjet Pilot said:
next time you walk around the fbo sitting on your a$$ waiting for your 14 hours to be up listen to these NJI guys talk about you, your union, and what they wont let happen to them. I have a couple of buddies there 5 to be exact and according to them NJA and NJI merger will never be. Just giving you the facts that I have heard,not only from my buddies but several other NJI guys. They want no part of the union at all...

Learjet,
How long have you been in this industry? Can't you see that it doesn't always matter what one group wants? Don't you know anything about corporate America, airlines and unions?
The NJA TA that will be ratified by the pilots of 1108 on Nov 21 will guarantee NJA pilots slots in NJI Gulfstreams. NJI won't be a part of NJA... YET. However, in 3 years, the National Mediation Board will hear a single carrier petition filed by 1108. If the NMB agrees that NJA and NJI are a "single carrier" (and the chances of that are VERY good), NJI pilots WILL BE integrated into NJA. They won't have a choice!!! If they choose to not join the Union, they will no longer be allowed employment at Netjets.

Hydrarkt,

You were mostly right up until that last sentence. IF a single carrier petition is approved by the NMB, NJI pilots MUST be integrated into IBT 1108's seniority list in an "equitable" fashion. Anyone choosing not to belong to IBT will retain their employment but be forced to pay an administrative fee to the union equal to what their dues would have been. NJI pilots will retain the seat they hold as of the merger and WILL NOT be displaced from their seat until and unless equipment draw down forces them off the equipment and into a re-bid according to their new integrated seniority position.

As to the underlying question of single carrier: Is it possible? Absolutely. Is it likely? Perhaps. Is it a slam dunk? Not even close.

One thing I will say is that the Class 4 rates that NJA negotiated for Captains is much higher than what current NJI capt.s make, I hope that my buds over at NJI as well as all the Capt.s at NJI get a huge raise to match that Pay scale

This is one positive outlook at this TA for the NJI pilots, they may all be looking at a raise soon!!!!!

gutshotdraw said:
Anyone choosing not to belong to IBT will retain their employment but be forced to pay an administrative fee to the union equal to what their dues would have been.

Gunshot,

Im not sure this is completely correct. I am waiting for a friend who practices labor law to confirm this. My understanding is that non-union employees who as a result of; 1. a buy out, or merger. 2. a vote to unionize by a work group. would not have to pay any union dues or administrative fees associated with said union. Also South Carolina law could come into play depending on what the NMB states in their decision.

Joining a union in connection with going to work for a unionized company already in place as a condition of employment is totally different than our situation.

Once I have a legal answer, I will certainly share it.

gunfyter,

I agree with your statement; as long as your sitting in the left seat. NJI FO's would take a clear paycut under the TA.

However, I think a major milestone has been accomplished with the overall look of this TA. I think NJA pilots should ratify the agreement, but thats just my opinion.

(ya I know, keep my opinions to myself)

Latest resources

Back