Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

OpsCheckGood

ASA Throttle Monkey
which is better to apply to, NJA or NJI? I'm a 9 year regional guy wanting something different and wonderning where the grass is greener? Does NJI pay as well as NJA? Same contract? etc.?

I'll be the first to say, please use the search. I, and the six hundred others who would tell you the same, am not trying to be flippant, but the subject has been discussed ad nauseum. In fact there was a thread just a few days ago discussing the staus of hiring at NJI.

Best of luck,

Long answer short.

NJA.

I haven't explained this to anyone yet so I guess it's my turn. NJI is basically being absorbed by NJA. There are a lot of details but that is the quick version.

I haven't explained this to anyone yet so I guess it's my turn. NJI is basically being absorbed by NJA. There are a lot of details but that is the quick version.

That would be the quick and also incorrect version.....

Incorrect indeed.

Right now, at least one-third of the G-IV captain vacancies and one-half of G-IV first officer vacancies will go to pilots on the NJA seniority list. As of November 21, 2008, all new first officers at NJI will come from NJA.

An integration plan (with specific crewmember protections on both sides) has been agreed upon should the company choose to recognize us as a single carrier rather than take it to court.

If the company chooses to extend the contract 3 more years at the end, that will require an integration of the seniority lists to meet the criteria.

That's it.

which is better to apply to, NJA or NJI? I'm a 9 year regional guy wanting something different and wonderning where the grass is greener? Does NJI pay as well as NJA? Same contract? etc.?

AHHHHHHHHHH this should be good!

Popcorn and beer ready!

FIRE!

Nah....cabernet and a triple creme brie.:p

Seriously, nothing new except the source of new pilots. But to answer OpsCheck's question: NJA

Applying to NJI now would be a waste of time.

Latest resources

Back