• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hopalong

I know it's been talked to death but how long do you think upgrade
time will take. On the road, most everyone is telling me 3-4
years tops. Here, on flightops, most say 5 years. I know it's just a guess
but what do you all think the timeframe will be? I am planning on 5 years,
so at least I won't be disappointed.

Word in recurrent is RTS wants to be at 1000 planes and 5000-7000 pilots large. Time frame is unknown. At today's rate of 450 - 500 pilots per year and 2500 pilots on the seniority list my guess is 3 years, no more than 5 years if you want to hold out for something larger. If you look, the most junior Falcon CA is just over 5 years with company. I see the company growing just as much in the next 5 years as they did in the past 5 years.

Take it for what it is worth, just my $.02 WORTH.

I am curious to hear what others have to say.....

Buddro said:
At today's rate of 450 - 500 pilots per year and 2500 pilots on the seniority list my guess is 3 years, no more than 5 years if you want to hold out for something larger. If you look, the most junior Falcon CA is just over 5 years with company.

I am curious to hear what others have to say.....
I would say that is too optimistic. It has taken 8 years to go from 400 pilots to 2500 pilots. You can't judge by the junior Falcon pilots because not all of the senior guys are in the falcon, we have 10 year guys in the Ultra. There are also over 140 bypass SICs in the Ultra waiting on upgrades.

I would say....not in your lifetime

What I absolutely enjoy is when all you Netjet guys swarm an FBO lounge, sprawl your damn luggage all over the room, use every AC plug for your laptops and cell phones, eat your crew meals and sleep in the chairs without ever getting up for hours on end and don't have the common decency to let someone else sit down. Appreciate it....

cosmotheassman said:
What I absolutely enjoy is when all you Netjet guys swarm an FBO lounge, sprawl your dang luggage all over the room, use every AC plug for your laptops and cell phones, eat your crew meals and sleep in the chairs without ever getting up for hours on end and don't have the common decency to let someone else sit down. Appreciate it....

Ohh... You poor little thing, you having a bad day?? I'm tearing up over here for you, moron.

5 out of the 13 560XL capt upgrades this month were hired in June of 2004, so upgrade is currently taking about 2 years.

Base captain pay is $85,000. after 2 years with the company, should clear $100,000. with overtime and holiday pay, a year from now when they have 3 years seniority they'll make about 10 grand a month, pretty good dough.

Last edited:
NJA bound said:
Base captain pay is $85,000.
Ummmm, no, it's not. Try $52,500 7-7 and $62,308 reserve 1st year.
...after 2 years with the company, should clear $100,000.
Not unless you extend your ass off on reserve. Yr 2 reserve is $73,434.
...with overtime and holiday pay, a year from now when they have 3 years seniority they'll make about 10 grand a month, pretty good dough.
Pretty safe to say no 3rd year PICs are clearing $120k. 3rd yr reserve pay is $84,560. You might be able to hit $100k, again if you're constantly extending.

The pay here is good, but it's not that good.

NJA bound said:
5 out of the 13 560XL capt upgrades this month were hired in June of 2004, so upgrade is currently taking about 2 years.

Base captain pay is $85,000. after 2 years with the company, should clear $100,000. with overtime and holiday pay, a year from now when they have 3 years seniority they'll make about 10 grand a month, pretty good dough.

Base capts salary is 61,875 in a Class 1 jet, which the XL is, reserve 73,434.... 100,000 is possible, but not probable. That requires a lot of OT and extended days. Not worth it...

I also believe that we will see the number of capts bids drop in the future, after everyone gets trained and on the line.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back