Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Going2Baja

NJA Update Form Time Grid/Medical Question

Hi all - just got my update form and there is a line that asks for "Physical Date & Class" and then it says "(Current 1st Req'd)

How do you all interpret this?

My two thoughts are:
1) Medical must say First and also be no more than 6 months old.
2) Medical must say First but not more than 24 months old.

Second question is about the time grid:

There are two different columns, one for "Turbo Prop" and one for "Turbine."
Do you think the Turbine is for Jet only or for all time in Turbine equipment?

Baja.

Last edited:
Baja, you must have a new first class medical. Regardless of how old it is, you're going to get a new one at your NJA physical.

Huh??? So you're saying I need to get a new 1st class before I submit my update form and then if I get hired NJA will also give me another one?

Baja.

coolpilot said:
Baja, you must have a new first class medical. Regardless of how old it is, you're going to get a new one at your NJA physical.

No, no, no......bad gouge.

NJA doesn't do the "company physical" with Dr. Baehr anymore. That stopped last May.

Baja, I know for a fact that a new 1st Class Physical will be required before starting your type rating course at FSI (the new type is added to your ATP). Whether you need a current one (within 6 mo) for the interview......well, that is up to you. I would say as long as it is new before you start FSI, no harm, no foul. If you want to play it absolutely safe, then have the new physical before the interview.

Good luck buddy.

Arch

How's that time off Arch? You doing any contract while you're sitting around? Also - any comments on the time grid? I think this form is also a test.....LOL

Baja.

Not sure what to tell you, but the guys that I am seeing coming through training are still showing medicals that are coming from Dr. Baehr(?). Dates that are still in May.

Going2Baja said:
How's that time off Arch? You doing any contract while you're sitting around? Also - any comments on the time grid? I think this form is also a test.....LOL

Baja.

Basically, I've been a lazy sack of fecal matter for the last month and a half....no contract work completed or desired. Getting back into the books now so I don't look like a mouth breathing idiot for company aircraft training.

The flight time grid.....ah yes. Absolutely the biggest pain in the keister on the entire application. It literally took me days to go through my logbooks to calculate all the permutations that NJA wanted for that stinking grid! Flow with it, my friend.

If you have any questions, give me a call.

Arch

Last edited:
coolpilot said:
Not sure what to tell you, but the guys that I am seeing coming through training are still showing medicals that are coming from Dr. Baehr(?). Dates that are still in May.

That's because May was the last month that NJA used Dr. Baehr. They aren't using him anymore for newhire physicals....new guys must come to class with a current first class from their own flight doc.

Going2Baja said:
Hi all - just got my update form and there is a line that asks for "Physical Date & Class" and then it says "(Current 1st Req'd)
If you're filling this out in the hopes of getting another interview, I'd spend the cash and get a new 1st class. That's what it appears to be asking for. It's a small investment in your future.

Current 1st class = a first class that will function as a first class. Don't try to squeak by with a lapsed first class.

Tubine = powered by a turbine engine = turboprop + turbojet time. If they want turbojet time they should word it differently or they can do the math.

Don't make it so difficult.

Good luck!

Latest resources

Back