NJA to pay same wage as Dairy Queen

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nerdpilot said:
atleast the top half of the senority list at netjets paid for their job...a job they new paid poorly but didnt care just so they could bypass a less glamorous 135 job and build some experience and actually earn a jet position.

I'm probably going to start a war here. Please take this in the spirit intended!

I consider PFT to be like Alpine Air. You pay X$ for X hours of flight time - essentially buying your job that SHOULD pay you.

Quick math:

1st year EJA pay back then about 30K - taxes and type in C560 = about 15K take home.

1st year at most any commuter back then 15K - taxes and QOL = squat.

2nd year EJA pay in the mid thirty's and logging PIC in a jet.

2nd year at most any commuter in the mid 1990s = gross about what we'd take home in our 1st year at EJA.

I never understood the CAL commuter schools at the time that cost 10K to get a job for 12K, but at EJA, when compared to the other available choices, we could recoup our tax deductible investment relatively quickly.

Most / all of my new hire class in '97 came from 135 freight, commuters, and military.

How is this any different than going to HPA and getting your 737 type - hoping for an interview with SWA? (except we had a guaranteed job that at least would pay back the cost of the type.)

The next contract gave us our money back too. Yes, many pilots at the time were planning/did go onto other jobs, but others - like me- thought they found a place to spend their career.

Once these latest negotiations started I realized that the pilot group lacked the will to win against WB and RTS with the Truckers providing not much more than laptops (which we had to fight them for!) I got the opportunity to move on to greener pastures and took it. I think you've found the will after these years, and I hope you hold on for everything you can get from WB!

So Nerd, just FYI - most of us came from less glamorous 135 jobs and wanted to get a job that paid better than the commuters while having a life and building jet PIC in case we wanted to move on. In my case it worked!

Yea you and the comair pukes are the ones that make this the dirt bag industry it is by paying for a stepping stone job with a high school stoner paycheck. Please dont compare paying for your net jets job with buying a 737 type that gets you a lifelong career.

F9 Driver said:
How is this any different than going to HPA and getting your 737 type - hoping for an interview with SWA?

Because the check gets written to HPA - not SWA.

Indoc, Aircraft training, and IOE are expenses that should be borne by the airline not the employee. We would never have seen PFT if people acted like paid professionals.

SWA hires people with a 737 type rating. They don't care where you get the rating. Most airlines require an ATP. An ATP is not required to be an FO. Why not complain about carriers requiring an ATP?

Love that avatar DB! I heard it is a static display now in MCO? I see his caravan down in PBI quite a bit. I gotta go now and imitate Gods own drunk!

It is what it is Nerd.

The check was to FSI and that was before BH bought them.

Latest resources

Back