• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA TA...What's your bet?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't wish to start a fight or set flame bait.

I respect everyone's choice and when it comes down to it, it doesn't really matter. Everyone will vote the way they want and not much will change their minds.

The people that pound their fist on the message board podium, shooting holes, and spreading half truths, are the ones I have issue with. There are several, on both sides of the vote, that like to sling the mud and start the arguments. I think discussion is great. Questions, answers, clarification, are all good things. However, starting a fight is petty, selfish, and pointless. I think we all see that the majority of these "I'm right and you're a tool" types are "NO" voters, but I am biased so I disqualify myself and digress.

I am a "post-rat" pilot. Trust me it is not by choice. I would love to have been hired four years ago and be PIC in a XLS, but I wasn't. Instead, I commute and I have never complained about it and I will gladly continue no matter what. I knew, prior to day one, what I was doing and getting into. I am voting yes for numerous reasons which include the next ten years of good wages, QOL, schedule choices, and yes bases, but not only bases.

My point is; say what you want, vote what you want, but do it with a little dignity and respect for others and their opinions. There are those on both sides of the vote that, in my humble opinion, make us all look like a bunch of boobs throwing a childish tantrum over so much candy. It lowers us and our profession. I'm not telling anyone what to do or say. I believe this to be the best and most desireable job in aviation, so can we all act accordingly? Just a suggestion, that we all continue to conduct our business, in this public forum, in a civil manner.

Respectfully,
Rage On!

I second that!

I've got a meeting tonight so I'll be pithy. The bar has been moved again. So I'm looking forward to seeing what is behind door number 3.

Never take the first deal or fly the "A" model.

IBB is not the same as traditional contract bargaining. The IBB proposal is sometimes referred to as a TA (easier to type) but they are quite different. In IBB all of the offers and counter-offers have been pushed back and forth across the table and/or discussed in the open-forum joint bargaining/brainstorming sessions. During IBB 1108 leaders are allowed to speak for the union each time until the final deal is negotiated. The process saves time and facilitates an atmosphere of cooperation. Each side was representing their own interests, but all were committed to finding solutions acceptable to both parties. When their work is completed the pilotgroup gets to accept it or reject it--one time.

Give and take is the foundation of IBB. 1108's team gave much of their personal time to bring the pilots a proposal that was the best deal they could work out. I ask that all involved take the time to read it thoroughly with an open-mind and the understanding that it was designed to move the Union forward as a whole and rightfully concentrated on overall improvements while simultaneously bringing more productivity and flexibility to the company that would, in turn, give the pilotgroup greater job security and an attractive, worthwhile career. NJW

Check Out "Mission Accomplished!" thread on union site.

Things just got even better. Thanks 1108!

Check Out "Mission Accomplished!" thread on union site.

Things just got even better. Thanks 1108!

Really?
What changed to be able to give a hard number to 15-18 yr pilots?
Did the PTO transition pay for it?
I thought you wanted to WAIT for the complete details.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back