Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Beechman

All,

As some of you know I am looking at employment with NJA. I am yet to understand the schedules there? I know of the 7on/7off but what are the other schedules? Just trying to compare how long gone I'll be to what I do at my regional airline now. Thank's for the help.

Currently,

7&7 for %50 of each fleet by seniority.
You may also bid for the flex schedule, 19 days duty per month and can be forced to stay out 2 extra. 4 H or hard days off per month.

17 day schedule is the default...you can request SDO's/requested days off but not guaranteed to get them.
a typical 17 day schedule is 2 6 day tours and one 5 day tour. Been seeing one two day off break per month alot lately!
Punitive scheduling I think.

Tentatively agreed to scheduling for next contract is 7&7 for all and a reserve schedule for at least %10 which should pay significantly more. Thought is there will always be enough folks that want the bigger paycheck to prevent being junior assigned the reserve sched. Never know though...you could get reserve. Cost of being junior. But, unlike the airlines...you'll be paid more.

Hope that helps. My advice though...stay away till the contract is done. It really sucks here now.

As an interested outsider, I'm curious what makes NJA so bad. (this in not intended as a flame). I have spoken to a few furloughed 121 pilots, and they seem to really enjoy it there. I know the obvious is low pay, but are there other factors that make it such a terrible place? I have no bias either way, just trying to get the big picture over there.

good question but wait for the unhappy chorus to step up to the mic (as it were) and rain gloom and doom

I am thinking it is a good thing and they don't want too many people to know

Not completely correct

Nightmare67 said:
Tentatively agreed to scheduling for next contract is 7&7 for all and a reserve schedule for at least %10 which should pay significantly more. Thought is there will always be enough folks that want the bigger paycheck to prevent being junior assigned the reserve sched. Never know though...you could get reserve. Cost of being junior. But, unlike the airlines...you'll be paid more.

Hope that helps. My advice though...stay away till the contract is done. It really sucks here now.

Don't want you to be mis-understood. The above has not been Tentatively Agreed. It is the current proposal on the table. It could change depending on wages.

Troll, you are correct...not TA'd yet.

Hell, nothing is firm till its signed!

Latest resources

Back