• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA projected upgrade time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Its hard to figure that out right now. It will probably be around two years. And for most that upgrade in the next 5 years, you will probably be stuck flying a Class 1 aircraft for a long time. We are receiving more smaller aircraft that larger ones.
Hope that helps.

Are you talking about from the time you get the bid til you actually finish training?? :laugh: That could be a long time too!

Widespread - just my opinion, but the G150's weren't going to be coming very quickly from what I heard, so I don't think it would slow down upgrade very much. And of course, NetJets is supposed to be very anxious to get airframes, so maybe some new ones are going to be announced very soon.

One kicker in the "time to upgrade" game is how many pilots will retire when the second bonus payment goes out later this year. That could get a number of older pilots to finally call it a career.

Maybe someone should start a pool on when the first post-ratification new-hire will get awarded upgrade. :cool:

Many of the "older" pilots I have flown with have indicated that the bonus check really isn't the issue.....many will retire from here once they hit 65 for medical benefit reasons....can't blame them......

I'd be looking at actual age as a better indication as to what the retirement rate is goiong to be around here.....

Still with the nnumber of planes expected on the property in the next few years there is going to be a need for Captains......a need that will be filled by pilots hired within the past 3-4 years. Once they have upgraded, today's new hires have a shot.

I guess it will be interesting to see what happens in December '06 and January '07. I've heard that both the company and the union are projecting a sizable increase in retirements after the next payout. We shall see...

Latest resources

Back