• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Nja/nji

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm sorry to be this blunt about it but the bottom line is NJI will no longer exist after the two sides join.

Oh yeah? I'll take that bet. $20,000.00 cash big boy. Put your money where your mouth is.

"On Dec. 31, 2012. NetJets International and the FAA certificate it holds will still be in operation."

Old Fart knows who I am, he can hold the cash...

$10,000.00 cash up front, the winner gets that, plus the remainder on 12/31/12.

BV
(wolfpack pilot)

Here's my .02

I expect the virtual seniority list will become the NJA/NJLA/NJI Pilot Seniority List, By agreement IAW LOA 01-13…….Soon

I expect that the NJI Operations Center (NOC) will continue to schedule, flight plan and dispatch the GIV, GV, G-450 and G-550 after the integration just as they do now. I believe the Falcon 2000’s 7x’s, BBJ;s and any other internationally capable fleet normally crewed by 2 pilots and a flight attendant will also wind up being handled out of the NOC at Okatie as well.

I expect the work rules at NJI will be adjusted to fit the business and our owners needs while maintaining the excellent QOL for the crews. Obviously that adjustment would be best negotiated in IBB2 and any concerns about fairness or favoritism will be settled in that process.

I expect the involvement of NJASAP in the lives of the NJI pilot group to be a positive one and look forward to that participation with high hopes, in return for the dues I will pay as my QOL improves even beyond what it is now.

As for per diem, uniforms, crew meals, badges, nametags and any other minor incidentals…….Well……..Don’t care!

PS If I can get an invite I will gladly buy the first (or last) bottle of wine or round of single malt as my friend with the Helo obsession can attest. CU in Savannah

Flyjetspeed,

Damn ... Now you are telling us?! Why did you wait until after my last flight in the Falcon?! Can we move the XL/XLS operation to Okatie as well?! ;)

Having all "ocean" going fleets under one roof might make sense! Though, the cutoff is more complex then basing the criteria on whether the fleet is FA crewed or not. The G200 and C-X have marginally better "ocean" going capabilities -- better fuel capabilities -- then the Falcon 2000 "Classic." But, all this is pure speculation at this point. It may or may not happen.

Furthermore and as I have mentioned before, the CBA may or may not be amended through the appropriate channels in the future. I.e. any amendments will be negotiated; whether, through an IBB version two, or, otherwise. I am conviced that most, if not all, of us at NetJets -- NJI, NJA, or NJLA -- want the best possible work rules and QOL provisions as they fit our business and our owner's needs. :D

IDEtoNJA

Last edited:
Hey! I'm in. I love good red wine and Savannah. ....

You also appeared to be enjoying CMH and the company of your fellow NJA pilots...;)
It was a pleasure to meet you, Helmsalee. Thanks for being so gracious to my family when we tagged along...:)
NJW

It better not be two buck chuck. While a critically acclaimed wine lets make sure that RTRHD and I don't have to suffer. :)

That's why I said $50-$75 per. Life is WAY too short to drink cheap wine. And I suppose we can make a little room for the beer drinkers in the crowd. Just no domestic crap and no Corona.

Hey BV, lighten up Francis!

Like Mike Myers said in Mystery, Alaska: "It ain't rocket surgery."

And I can attest to RTRHD being a self-admitted smart@ss. But in a good way.

Congrats on forming the in-house shop to all th NJA pilots. And their families...:) And all those at NJA/I who didn't care for the Teamsters stigma. I think this will prove to be a very positive move not only now... but for the future of NetJets Pilots as well. Even though I'm basically on the bottom at NJI, I feel more safe at NetJets than anywhere else.
  • Now, how long until the side letter is acted upon and NJA/NJI pilot groups merge? Given the NJ pilots' and Company's history of working on one big project after another, it wouldn't surprise me if the discussions start shortly after the dust has settled from the NJASAP move.
  • Will NJI pilots be invited to join the union boards so we can discuss issues in privacy? Certainly! All eligible members are welcome. Many consider participation a responsibility and it would bode well for a smooth integration.
  • Will the NJI group have a "local council" ? NJASAP directors will represent the NJI group, but it makes sense that those pilots will have unelected leaders whose opinions they value.
  • Will we have to send in cards to join, or will this be automatic? Probably a dues form and/or the alternative fee will be required.
  • Will we have the right to run for office at the MEC level? Yes, but those without any prior Union experience would find it helpful to first spend some time working on a committee.
  • Will we all get rid of these sorry *ss uniforms and get something more professional/comfortable/rugged? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you...:)
(last question was more of a whining rant than a question)

Safe Travels...

Interest and a good attitude goes far toward a smooth integration. I think this thread shows that the time is right for the two halves to form a whole.
Regards,
NJW

Thanks, Helm! We work hard at parenting. Morgan and Anna had a great time (she read your post and says thank you) and a lasting memory was built. That a fellow FlightInfo poster was part of it made it all the more fun.

Touring NJA....impressive. Meeting more NJA pilots ... a pleasure. Being asked "Where are your boots?" by a quick, perceptive pilot was ....classic! :p After that, naturally I had to go put them on...:D

I can't predict the future, but, let us look at a few questions:
1. How much money does it take to change all of the Gulfstreams from the NJI certificate to the CMH? This would include all the Op spec, LOA's, non-US different country authorizations such as Canada or China.
2. 360 or so pilots and however many FA's trained on the different operating certificate and rules/procedures. What's that dollar amount? Wait, what about the labor time lost, what's that cost??
2.5. 360 different sim checks because they will not transfer anymore (FAA restriction). How much?
3. How many mechanics need to be trained as well?
4. How many people need to be moved to CMH? In this market moving packages/family relocation is VERY expensive.

I am going to guess that forcing the NJI certificate to join the CMH operating certificate may cost between 5 to 10 million dollars in lost labor, training and so on. Is your union going to pay for that? The NMB will NOT force that kind of expenditure on any group. Now, merging the pilots list, work rules and so on is kind of less expensive isn't it? But, maybe I'm wrong. Like Wolfpack said "want to put your money where your mouth is?". By the way, what is the difference in the divisions as to the net profit being earned both by gross dollars and percentages?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back