• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Meteorology

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Raj -- in that case the pilot says to the second owner "I apologize but the owner before you took all the ...." Since we are in XXX, Ark. and can't get restocked even by our caterer we apoligize (and maybe offer a free ugradein the future??) Honesty is the best policy and most owners are capable of understanding if told the truth.

In my opinion that is not good enough. No Owner should have to ride on a plane that is not stocked properly. Thats why I always carry at least a little bit of extra stock (so that I can treat the owner properly).

Some pilots agree with me and some don't. What is the correct answer? Who knows. I guess somewhere in between.

Honestly NJAOWner I don't rely on our internal Meteorology Dept that much....

The info we get is only good at the moment they press send on releases. It's good "planning" but not good implementation information. There are far too many variables as you know and I ALWAYS get the most up to date info prior to leaving the FBO for the plane. Those calls are NEVER to our in house Dept., which I believe is redundant to "other" FAA approved sources but might be good for Owner Services and Owners themselves.

Oz -- I do not want to burden the crew with issues which are not in their area of responsibility.

And - so no one misinterpret my posts - I still believe that NJA is great and the best in its market. Just not as good as it once was, but hopefully it will get back there. I remain a thankful NJA owner.

We do NOT think of it as a burden to please our owners. It is our responsibility to make your flight as comfortable and pleasant as you once experienced. Please accept our apologizes and we hope to serve you better in the future. (playing cards and all) We are trained to go above and beyond the expectations of our customers and we are happy when you have a great flight. Please, always communicate your needs with us and never think that you are asking too much. It is our job.
We remain grateful for your business and hope that we will have your continued business by providing you with the exceptional service you have paid for. Thank you NJA owner.

As a consumer, I'm w/ NJAowner. I can certainly see not wanting to bother the crew about the lack of playing cards, as an example. You are paying a lot for the flight, so you have a reasonable expectation that everything will be just so. However, if it is not, the crew is not always who you want to complain to.

First of all, there's really no way to complain about your private jet flight without looking (or feeling, or maybe even *being*) like a complete ******************************. Even if the crew doesn't look at it that way, you've got to admit that's the reality of the situation for minor complaints. You're already so fortunate to be traveling that way that any complaint just seems like you're tempting the gods to smite you down for being such an ungrateful dick.

What it really seems like happens in those situations is that the *system* is at fault. I don't want to complain to the ops team that my pilot didn't stock enough mini-mothwashes for the flight because I don't believe it's his/her fault. If I thought the pilots weren't thorough and by the book, I wouldn't get on the plane in the first place. If there aren't any playing cards or enough mini-mouthwashes on the plane, my feeling is that the reason is that they were not on the crew's list (and you guys have to admit that no one can go over a check list like a pilot -- with the possible exception of a pair of them). What you want is a way to feed that information back to the operator without making the (always conscientious, in my experience) crew feel bad about something that's not their fault or getting them in trouble back at home.

Best,

fs

ps: Interesting I can say dick, but not ******************************. I would have guessed it would be the other way around ;-)

We wish all of our passengers were as considerate and as humorous as you and NJA owner. However, please know that it is OUR JOB to make your flight as comfortable as possible. We want you to tell us when you need something. We value your business and we never want any of our owners/passengers to feel awkward if they need something. Please tell us.

P.S. I promise we won't think you are an ********... You are paying our salaries and we want your business.... Thank you....

Latest resources

Back