NJA How does this work?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bluejuice787

Airline guy here wanting to know how your schedules work at Net Jets. For instance, if I were hired and based in DEN on reserve would I simply sit at home and wait for the call? I am then airlined to my flight? Is reserve junior? How often are you used?

Thanks,

Juice

It's not like airline reserve. You will get a call by 1800 the night before. If you don't you call in by 1900. They must tell you the next day is a work day, or it's an off day. They can tell you to sit standby at home, or they can tell you to report for an airline. You will not be required to sit at home wondering what if?.. (unless you are specifically given home reserve)
The reserve schedule has typically gone senior because of the money. If the IBB passes it is still assumed it will go senior. We might have an additional 15 day schedule (if ibb passes) that is also expected to go senior, but if not, it will be assigned in reverse seniority order.. Hope this helps..

Airline guy here wanting to know how your schedules work at Net Jets. For instance, if I were hired and based in DEN on reserve would I simply sit at home and wait for the call? I am then airlined to my flight? Is reserve junior? How often are you used?

Thanks,

Juice

Go to the union website at www.ibt1108.com.

There you will find the current CBA and proposed 2007 TA. After reading, if you still have questions feel free to PM me. I'd be happy to talk to you about any questions you would have.

BTW, the vote for the 2007 TA is on December 7, 2007. We should know the results as soon as the volunteers are done counting the ballots. How long it takes depends on how many volunteers there are.

I found the current CBA, but where do you go to view the TA without a password?

You're right. Sorry about that. I'll have to get back to you.

Thanks,

Juice

Currently, there are two schedules that you can choose from. Keep in mind that the current reserve schedule isn't a "junior" schedule. In most fleets, the reserve schedule is full of senior guys because of the pay increase. In the airline world, the term "reserve" is used to describe what a very junior pilot will get. Not here. It's your choice which schedule you want to be on.

On the 7&7, you work a week and then you're off a week. Nice and simple. There's no guessing or wondering which days you'll be working and which days you'll be off.

On the reserve, you will work up to 18 days a month. You will have what are called "H DAYS." H DAYS are hard days off. You get 4 of those every month. The H DAYS are grouped together in groups of two. In other words, you will get two sets of two days off that are hard days off. You will know what your H DAYS are the month prior. The rest of the month is sort of up in the air. Although, you DO have some idea of what your days off are going to be...

The first way is to call the company and ask them what your "tentative" schedule is going to be for the next month. Although it's only tentative, it very rarely changes.

The second way of being able to tell is by looking at how long your previous tour was. If you last tour was 6 days long or less, then you know the next three days are going to be off days. If your tour was a whole 7 days long, you know that the next 4 days are going to be off days.

NOW.... let's talk about the new schedules that are coming in Feb/2008 if the IBB passes.

The 7&7 will stay the same. There are no changes.

There will be a 15 day flex schedule. You will get paid a little more than the 7&7 schedule but you will not know what your days off are going to be. What you DO know is that no tour will be longer than 5 days and that you will have at least 3 days off in between those tours.

There will also be an 18 fixed schedule. This will take place of the current reserve schedule but now the schedule will be "fixed" and you will know when you're working and when you'll be off the month before. This is also the highest paying schedule as well. This schedule will be a "biddable" schedule using the PBS system. All you airline guys know what that looks like. Seniority rules! The way it's set up right now, you'll be able to choose how long you want your tours to be, how many days off you want in between tours, and which specific days off you would like. Of course, the more picky you get, the more requsets will be denied.

Hope that clears some things up for you!

Last edited:
Schedule? What schedule? A day is either a work day or an off day. Whatever happens during that work day is akin to true randomness.

Schedule? What schedule? A day is either a work day or an off day. Whatever happens during that work day is akin to true randomness.

I'd rather have randomness in my work day than randomness in my employment status... akinly speaking.

Hi!

Other posters have said they think on the 15 day reserve schedule you will work probably 10 or 11 days. 15 is the max.

On the 18 day schedule, apparently, you WILL work, in some format, 18 days that month.

10% of each fleet's pilots WILL be on the 15 day schedule, which is why you could get junior manned if need be.

The 18 day reserve will be up to 40% of each fleet pilots. It is voluntary. The only restriction, is that if less pilots bid for the 18 day schedule than were on it the last bid period (3 periods of 4 months per year), there is a limit on how much the % of the fleet pilots on the 18 day schedule can go.

For instance, if 30% of the Ultra pilots are on the 18 day schedule during a bid period, and ALL of them wanted off the next bid, that number may only be allowed to decrease to 25% of the pilots, so pilots may be junior manned in that situation also.

The above is scenario is pretty complicated, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

Have A Nice Day!
cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back