NJA home basing?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Scaramunga

I understand that if you live within 90 miles of a domicile you must use that domicile and not a home basing airport. Is it 90 miles straight line distance or via mapquest, yahoo, etc?

Thanks!

Its 90 driving miles, using mapquest or similar. If your here prior to ratification, in this situation, you still maintain HBA rights. Unlike the TA we voted down where you would have to stay at an RCA forever.

So what is the home basing story with NetJets? I have heard about 15 diferent versions, some of which apply if you are hired before the new contract, some after.

If I get hired now, can I be based at home - and under what provisions? If I get hired after the contract gets signed, can I be based at home - and under what provisions?

Thanks

NEDude said:
So what is the home basing story with NetJets? I have heard about 15 diferent versions, some of which apply if you are hired before the new contract, some after.

If I get hired now, can I be based at home - and under what provisions? If I get hired after the contract gets signed, can I be based at home - and under what provisions?

Thanks

IF this contract is voted on and passes, not looking good becuase the company is backing out right now, then if you are hired before the ratification then you are grandfathered into use of Home Base Airports. If you are hired after raticication then the company is going to give you a domicile, cmh, dal, lax, pbi, and teb.

why is the company backing out now?
From what I heard, the pilot should turn this TA down because of the Scope.
Does anyone has more info regarding this.
Thanks

This may hurt recruiting, since most pilots comute to work. If you are fortunate to live at the base, then you don't have to worry about it. I expect most new hires to live elsewhere though, and will not be able to comute to work via airline. It's too bad that HBA are not available to everyone. HBA make working for NJA even more attractive.

RJET said:
why is the company backing out now?
From what I heard, the pilot should turn this TA down because of the Scope.
Does anyone has more info regarding this.
Thanks
They haven't backed out...yet. They have until Friday to get this one item finished. But it has gotten a lot of folks foaming at the mouth.

You heard wrong - the scope section is actually pretty good - better than I've seen elsewhere.

Latest resources

Back