NJA hiring for 09

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
nice touch

He's just making a prediction based on history and his opinion, not wishing it on anyone. Don't take it personally.
nice touch, I hope I am wrong. But I fear the removal of incentives to take risk and invest will destroy the foundatios of the US business model. Just expressing my fears.

Yeah... Stock markets all over the world already crashing just on the Fear that Obama will win.... Not good.

The stock markets crashed because the banks are failing. The banks are failing because there were a lot of bad mortgage related investment vehicles that the banks invested in. The banks are playing very conservative to ensure survival which results in a credit crunch. The credit crunch affects businesses which causes job loss, which drives the likelihood of a deep recession further. THAT IS WHY the stock market is crushing.

It sounds like you gave up on McCain and Palin; why? They are such Mavericks and they are going to do Mavericky things to turn this around!

nice touch, I hope I am wrong. But I fear the removal of incentives to take risk and invest will destroy the foundatios of the US business model. Just expressing my fears.

although I definetly see your point. The US business model has been in place for a long time. It has worked for decades in both bear and bull markets. I am sure this recission will kill some business, but the US economy will survive....we just have to weather the storm.

Obama or McCain in office.....it does not matter. Neither one really is going to effect anything.

i'm glad we've gotten way off topic here. for those of you that are concerned about the numbers for next year it seems unclear as stated by our president.

the one thing that i think the nja crowd can agree on is the fact that no one seems to be panicing or talking furlough. santulli is talking about refining our product and making it better in order to beat our competition when the economy does turn which it will regardless of who's in office.

btw pilotyip

don't you find it curious that the richest man in the world and our owner is supporting obama? i mean do you really think buffet would support a canidate who's going to drain our economy? get over yourself nobody gives a crap about what you've seen or been through we've all read the books so take your fear mongoring to the nonaviation related section of fi.

most of the numbers I see here are a little off base. Most of NJ aircraft are on hold with the exception of the sovereign. The word is not to expect much change in 2009. NJ will hire to demand.

Here is a perdiction, if BO wins which now looks like a done deal. NJ will lay off next year.

Ok, that's not even funny. I only have 140 or so that are junior to me at NJ. I have a wife and a 4 year old daughter and a mortgage and I left a very stable flying job (flying air ambulance under a program that has been around for 25 years) to come here.

How about we all think positive? As much as I wish we would hire hundreds next year let's just all hope that the very worst that would happen is there would be no hiring.

Latest resources

Back