• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA hiring for 09

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I don't see much hiring in this business. Economic growth is non existent right now. It will take quite sometime before we reach a bottom and begin another upswing and hiring again moves forward

Think outside the box a little. You are correct that business is heading downhill, but think about the people who are operating their own flight department. I am willing to wager some of them will have to shut down. Those folks may want to buy a fraction of an airplane or maybe a marquis card. 1/4 of an airplane is cheaper than the cost of operating an entire flight department.

I am sure we will not see the growth that we have had for the past years, but it would not surprise me if we reap some rewards off the back end of this recession.

Think outside the box a little. You are correct that business is heading downhill, but think about the people who are operating their own flight department. I am willing to wager some of them will have to shut down. Those folks may want to buy a fraction of an airplane or maybe a marquis card. 1/4 of an airplane is cheaper than the cost of operating an entire flight department.

I am sure we will not see the growth that we have had for the past years, but it would not surprise me if we reap some rewards off the back end of this recession.

Think outside the box a little more. Don't you think there is the potential for some NJA owners who cannot justify the cost of a share who elect to go back (Oh no don't say it) the airlines. You will see a mix of both sides and will probably be a wash in the end.

Think outside the box a little more. Don't you think there is the potential for some NJA owners who cannot justify the cost of a share who elect to go back (Oh no don't say it) the airlines. You will see a mix of both sides and will probably be a wash in the end.

good point...

I am assume that owners are on multi year contracts (no I really don't know how it works, but I think its a fair bet) A certain percentage of those are going to have contracts that run through the recession period. It is probably goint to be pretty difficult, and expensive, to get out of these contracts mid-term.

I believe that people will see more companies having to close flight departments, than owners buying out of their contracts.

Look, I know there is a down turn in the industry because of the economy. I am not living with blinders on. I am also sure they may be a delcine in owners. I just don't think its going to be as drastic as some people out there would lead people to believe.

That can't happen. Mr. Buffett said that people would rather sell their homes than their NetJets share.

As long as they haven't been foreclosed on...:erm:

Well, there are a fairly large number of 4Q contracts that are up for renewal. This is going to be a touchy quarter. I don't expect a huge sell-off of shares...but perhaps new contracts on smaller shares, most likely on the same a/c, that type of thing. Now, I'm certainly not part of the sales department...but I have confidence that we're not in for a huge down-turn. Remember, after 9/11 we were in a growth pattern, in part, b/c of perceived safety issues. But our economy was struggling then, too. As the economy begins to recover--which it is, we will have a continued rise. It'll happen...

455.....thats how many will be hired.....and that comes straight from some guy i know that knows some dudes wife who is screwing some hockey player....

now....who really cares?....stop applying then, or not.

move on nothing to see here.​

455.....thats how many will be hired.....and that comes straight from some guy i know that knows some dudes wife who is screwing some hockey player....

now....who really cares?....stop applying then, or not.

move on nothing to see here.​
I fly for Netjets and I care. I find comfort in knowing that there will be people junior to me, the more the better. I am sorry that you must be too senior to care. Hundreds of pilots who are on the street care. Fellow pilots with kids with no insurance care. Pilots trying to figure out how to pay next month's mortgage care. I agree that we don't have any creditable info to based our assumptions on, and I sure hope thats what you mean.

I fly for Netjets and I care. I find comfort in knowing that there will be people junior to me, the more the better. I am sorry that you must be too senior to care. Hundreds of pilots who are on the street care. Fellow pilots with kids with no insurance care. Pilots trying to figure out how to pay next month's mortgage care. I agree that we don't have any creditable info to based our assumptions on, and I sure hope thats what you mean.
Here is a perdiction, if BO wins which now looks like a done deal. NJ will lay off next year.

I've asked a few people in the training department and the answer that I've received is that there will be hiring next year but there isn't a firm or "goal" number at this time. The economy is going to be a determining factor, as implied in the ICOM a few days ago.

Latest resources

Back