• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA hired call?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The 2000EX is halted until the LX version with winglets is all certified and deliveries can be made again.

What I've heard that keeps some of the job offers quite a while is the background checks that they are doing- they used to hire you and let you start before they were done, but they are waiting now. I heard the next day a couple of years ago and started 2 weeks later, but my background check wasn't completed until I was already doing IOE since the craphole airline I worked for didn't respond to the PRIA until the 3rd request and after trying to force me to pay for it. Stuff like that can take months to sort out and that will leave the offer off the table until it is. Good luck all.

When word of IBB got around the applications began pouring in to NJA. When you have a lot of choices it naturally takes longer to arrive at a decision, I think. Having the overall best compensation package out there isn't just good for the pilots. It also enables NJA to be very selective, especially compared to those places that are overworking/underpaying the pilots. So much for the ridiculous notion (held by those with an agenda) that a fair contract will hurt a company...:rolleyes: Actually, the opposite is true. Many of those applying to NJA are disgusted Flt Ops pilots.

Good Luck to those waiting on the all-important call or hoping for an interview! NJW

In addition to NJW's post, part of the reason for delay in some cases is that they are trying to do more thorough background check prior to making an offer. Apparently the company has gotten burned in a few cases by offering the job before all of the background checking is done.

It used to be that you'd get the offer either the day after the interview or, in some cases, the final day of the interview. Now, it's taking a little longer for them to make the call.

on a similar note, to those not hired but offered a second chance in 6 months, does anyone know if they whole interview has to be repeated or just the sim ( if that was the issue )

on a similar note, to those not hired but offered a second chance in 6 months, does anyone know if they whole interview has to be repeated or just the sim ( if that was the issue )

A friend of mine got the try-again call a few years ago. When they called him, he was told that all he needed to do was repeat the sim, as the rest of interview had gone well for him. They told him that they'd fly him to CMH, put him in the sim for a re-check and that was all that he'd do. He ended up not coming back for the re-check, though.

thanks guitar guy, I have heard that if its the other portions ( tech and HR ) that are not done well ,they wont give another chance....not sure if thats true.

If I am still available in July I will definitely give it another shot if they give me one.

I just got an unofficial email yesterday, 1 week after my sim ride. Derinda emailed me with "Congrats, your file has been forwarded to Linda for an offer to be extended pending "security completion". Guess they are still working on the background checks as two other guys in my class received the same email.

Can't wait to start!!!!

Good luck to all!

Latest resources

Back