NJA Hilton Honors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No i wouldn't take the money.

Usually when i go over to europe the hotel is on average 200 or more a night. That would only give me 12 nights at the most basic european hotels.

I usually spend at least a month in hotels over in europe a year on vacation and hanging with family.

For my situation it works out the best to get as many points as possible with hilton.

But i think the difference is you are looking at 10k a month in charges. I get 10,000 honors points on about 3,500.00 a month.

Alright which card has it?

Well I'll be starting soon with NJ, so all this advice has been educational. I plan on traveling twice a year on Delta...international. As for hotels, I would like to have the opportunity to spend a week or so per year at some exotic resort. What type of rewards program should I sign up for? What kind of travel rewards would the company CC give me? Thanks for the advice.

For 2 International flights you're going to need lots of miles. It'll be close on hotels if you don't use the Hilton Amex card but you really need all the miles you can get. I'd use the company Credit Card since they put your airline tickets on it. You'll get 40k points/miles per year with no problem that can be used on Delta or any other airline. When you join the Hilton HHonors program select 500 miles on Delta per stay as your option AFTER you're out of training. This is because 30 days in the CMH Embassy Suites counts as 1 stay. Use the double points option while in training then change to 500 airline miles before IOE starts. FYI, I've gotten around 20,000 miles on US Airways in 6 months just from the 500 miles per stay at a Hilton (100 miles at Hampton Inns). I also have my Holiday Inn/Crown Plaza rewards program putting miles into US Airways rather than free rooms. The amount varies depending on what you paid for the room.

Between the Company Card, actual miles on Delta (11,000 for me in 6 months and I'm CLT based) and the hotel miles you should get enough for what you want to do. Hilton points will be close, you might wind up having to buy a few nights but's that's better than paying for an International ticket. Another way to get Delta miles is get their Visa/MC Credit Card and put all your personal charges on that. Also, keep in mind any flying on NorthWest can be added to your Delta FF program. I did that a couple of months ago and got 1000 miles. Didn't even know I could do that until my Captain told me. The NWA ticket agent changed it for me. I almost never fly NWA so those would have been wasted miles.

AirBear

IH8UserNames said:
Well I'll be starting soon with NJ, so all this advice has been educational. I plan on traveling twice a year on Delta...international. As for hotels, I would like to have the opportunity to spend a week or so per year at some exotic resort. What type of rewards program should I sign up for? What kind of travel rewards would the company CC give me? Thanks for the advice.

Does the 40,000 points/ dollars on the company card count per year as a max or does it go up and down (with 40,000 as the max at any one time) when you are redeaming miles for free airline tickets? I've heard both and don't know what to believe. Also- can you only put your company airline tickets on your company card and not on the Honors card or can you put your company travel tickets onto any card you want?

jtf said:
Also- can you only put your company airline tickets on your company card and not on the Honors card or can you put your company travel tickets onto any card you want?

The company books and pays for airline tickets on their own account, so you won't pay on your own card. I suppose it's possible that someone could have to purchase a last-minute ticket on their own card, but I've not experienced that.

Ok, I am a little confused. In the application it says to get a credit card or you can use a company card. From the posts on this thread it seems that some people use both. Is that the case or what?

WP

some people use their personal card.... me included... i can float the nut for month

some people use the company cc.

It's a whole different game now that both are direct deposited.

all. As long as you have a receipt.

So, when you stay at a hotel, is that direct-billed to the company, or do you pay with a credit card?

Latest resources

Back