• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Hilton Honors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do the airline legs have to do with your credit card? I'm missing something here. :confused:

Is it that you have (for example) an AA visa card, and the company happens to send you on AA on these cross-country airline legs, so you're counting those in your total? If so, that's misleading, since you'd get those miles regardless. I get miles on just about every airline there is, but those aren't counted in my calculations because I'll be getting those anyway.

I suppose if you were based, for example, in ATL, it'd be to your benefit to use a DAL Visa card, because chances are you'll be flying DAL and can maximize miles on one particular airline. I guess that's something else to consider when looking at which card to use. But for me, the company has sent me out on NWA, AA, DAL, Alaska, Southwest, UA and several others, I'm sure. Too many airlines flying out of my gateway. So having a particular airline's card wouldn't benefit me as much as the company card.

Last edited:
Ultra Grump[B said:
]Man, what are you charging to the company?[/B] I never see that high of monthly expenditure on the road. Mostly hotels, and that doesn't come close.

Wade did say in company recurrent that one guy had bought a jet ski.

Credit Card Points

Ultra Grump,
If you use the company card, it is used to purchase your airline tickets. Really adds up over the course of the year.

MasterOfYaw said:
Ultra Grump,
If you use the company card, it is used to purchase your airline tickets. Really adds up over the course of the year.
Yeah, that's why I use it. I am curious how one gets 8000 points/miles in NetJets expenses per month on a personal card. If that's really possible, I'll be switching back.

Some months I've ranged from 15,000+ points to 2,000 points. The lower it was probably because i wasn't working. I copied and pasted my statement then figured it gave a little too much info about me.

Average month is about 10,000 points. Figure 2000 points a month are the wife's.

Diesel said:
Some months I've ranged from 15,000+ points to 2,000 points. The lower it was probably because i wasn't working. I copied and pasted my statement then figured it gave a little too much info about me.

Average month is about 10,000 points. Figure 2000 points a month are the wife's.
Thanks Diesel, but you're talking about Hhonors points, are you not? To convert those 10,000 Hhonors points to miles, you'd get 1,000 miles. Not worth it to me. Good deal if you're going for free hotel rooms, though.

ahhh i didn't realize we were talking money vs. hotel points.

For me getting 200k of hotel points are worth it for me because it gives my wife and i the freedom to travel around europe at the expense of hilton.

Getting over there is cheap on the airlines. Spending a month in europe during the summer is not.

Diesel said:

I average over 2.0% cash back on my ALPA Mastercard. I have my latest statement in front of me. $3776.78 in new charges (big car repair bill, usually it's less than $3K). My cash back was $58.94 + $32.85 Bonus Earnings. Total for this billing period is $91.79 which works out to 2.4% cash back. Would you be better off taking the $200+/month (assuming 10K/month charges)?

AirBear

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back