• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA Hilton Honors

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I have the Amex Hilton Honors card but am thinking about going with the company card. Right now I put all my reimbursable expenses on the Amex. That dollar amount converts to about 5,000 Hilton Points per month, 60K in a year. A Hampton Inn is 20-25K points, a regular Hilton property is 30K or more. So using the card gets me 2 or 3 more free nights. The company card gets me 40K points good for almost any airline. That's enough for 1 unrestricted ticket a year or 3 restricted tickets every 2 years (I assume the points don't expire?)
So it boils down to 2-3 free nights or 1 free roundtrip per year. Also, with the company card you can file expenses online. A lot of Pilots file for their per diem and tip reimbursement soon as they get home and then do the rest a week or so later when the hotel charges show up.

AirBear

airbear fill out the new form online that enable direct deposit for those of us using our own credit cards. That will make the deposit quicker

Are you sure about getting only 200,000 a year. I know i got about 250,000 in 5 months because my wife needed them for something. So i kept pretty hard track of them to make sure i knew when she got the points.

I did email in the direct deposit form for my expense money, but I still have to do paper copies of everything and mail them in. Using the company card is a little easier and I think you get your money faster.

The 5000/month Hilton points I'm talking about are just from using the Amex card, not from my stays. I started at NJA in late March and stayed in Hilton Properties during training. I now have around 110,000 total Hilton points in a little over 8 months. I could have more if I used the "double points" or whatever they call it option but I chose to get 500 miles on US Airways per stay instead. I have almost 40K miles on US Airways but only 18K is actual flight miles, the rest is from my Hilton stays.

NJA Capt, please explain how the airline Visa card works. I though you just get 1 mile per dollar spent? If I only used it for NJA expenses I'd average around $1,500/month = 18K extra miles per year.

I still have non-rev available on US Airways but my wife doesn't want to risk space-a travel. She goes to conventions around twice a year so 2 tickets is what I need at a minimum, more would be nice for leisure travel.

AirBear

NJA Capt said:

But....
Those of us using the (Insert airline of choice) VISA card are doing much better than the measly 40K points. I routinely earn over 100,000 airline points annually.
Yes, but those 100,000 are not solely from NJA expenses (I'd bet it's not even 1/3). They are also your own personal expenses. I get that much per year on our personal Amex too, but I don't include that in the total I earn via NetJets. Basically, I'm earning miles and points several ways: up to 40,000 per year on co. card (which is enhanced by all the airline tickets bought on it - you won't get that through your airline visa), points on personal Amex expenses, and Hilton points and airline miles through stays at Hilton properties. Put all that together and it'll outshine using just my personal card any day.

NJA Capt said:
You're half right.....almost.
Yes, my airline card is our "family" card. But a quick glance at one of my last statements shows 1000 points from personal use and 8000+ points from NJA use.
Man, what are you charging to the company? I never see that high of monthly expenditure on the road. Mostly hotels, and that doesn't come close.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back