NJA: got the interview email - 8/22-23

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
RNObased said:
What makes you think that the STEP is going to be a great jump in the training process??? From what I have seen it looks like they are training for scenarios that happen once in every 100,000 hrs.

I look at the work that has gone into STEP--from the pilots' side. I know the objectives involved and, thus, see great potential. As the program is still being developed and hasn't even been put fully into place yet, I question where your opinion comes from? I listen to what is there now and where the UTC wants to take training and I see a lot of potential. That said, the company ultimately has the final say so the UTC can only accomplish so much on their own. If the program doesn't meet expectations it won't be for lack of trying on the part of the pilots involved.

It sounds as though you've noticed a difficulty I sometimes encounter in my posting. It is often necessary to balance participation with discretion. It's kind of a problem. :rolleyes: Those who know me don't question my knowledge. I make it a rule not to post about topics which I don't understand. That's why you'll never see me post in technical discussions on the board...:p NJW

netjetwife said:
I look at the work that has gone into STEP--from the pilots' side. I know the objectives involved and, thus, see great potential. As the program is still being developed and hasn't even been put fully into place yet, I question where your opinion comes from? I listen to what is there now and where the UTC wants to take training and I see a lot of potential. That said, the company ultimately has the final say so the UTC can only accomplish so much on their own. If the program doesn't meet expectations it won't be for lack of trying on the part of the pilots involved.

It sounds as though you've noticed a difficulty I sometimes encounter in my posting. It is often necessary to balance participation with discretion. It's kind of a problem. :rolleyes: Those who know me don't question my knowledge. I make it a rule not to post about topics which I don't understand. That's why you'll never see me post in technical discussions on the board...:p NJW

My opionion comes from reading what is posted on the web and from talking to people on the UTC. The STEP deal is only for SIC's so doesn't apply to 60+% of the pilot group. We will see if anything actually changes.

I know who you are, so therefore I question your ability to be objective when it comes to something your husband is working on.

I LOVE NJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROFLMGDAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Sorry ya'll, I haven't posted in a long time and I couldn't help myself!

G

RNO, likewise, it wasn't too tough to figure out who you are and I think I'm being open-minded. It is my philosophy to judge people and programs on their own merits, waiting for results before forming an opinion. Seeing the amount of work that has gone on behind the scenes makes me more hopeful than you.

If the FAA changes the rules for PIC training the UTC will work just as hard to improve their side of the program, as well. The current way of doing training for PICs is not something the UTC can affect right now, therefore, efforts are being made to improve what they can, where they can.

netjetwife said:
Seeing the amount of work that has gone on behind the scenes makes me more hopeful than you.

If the FAA changes the rules for PIC training the UTC will work just as hard to improve their side of the program, as well. The current way of doing training for PICs is not something the UTC can affect right now, therefore, efforts are being made to improve what they can, where they can.

Time will tell if anything changes...

The FAA changing rules?? Not likely..

Scrapdog said:
Is NJA hiring Mil guys as well?

Thanks - Scrapdog -

Scrapdog, Talked to Linda at NJA, we do use the 1.2 conversion for Military flight time. Good Luck
Pm me if you have any questions...

xpdriver said:
Scrapdog, Talked to Linda at NJA, we do use the 1.2 conversion for Military flight time. Good Luck
Pm me if you have any questions...

Thanks XP - I appreciate the help. Is it 1.2 times your total mil flight time or is it 1.2 times your sortie total and then add to your mil hours? I know, it's queepy, but I want to make sure I do it correctly. Any idea on that? Again, thanks for the words...

Scrapdog said:
Thanks XP - I appreciate the help. Is it 1.2 times your total mil flight time or is it 1.2 times your sortie total and then add to your mil hours? I know, it's queepy, but I want to make sure I do it correctly. Any idea on that? Again, thanks for the words...

No problem, I'm not sure about which time to add it to. I would probably say wheels up to wheels down then times 1.2. It will probably say on the app.

Well, I think the interview went ok. I did well on the sim, just a couple alt deviations which I corrected, and just general sim'isms. I hope I make the grade, it's a great company, someplace I could see myself finishing up my career at.

keatts

Latest resources

Back