• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

keatts

I drank what?!
Whee! I'm so exctited.

Just few questions, anyone else get these days? LAX base any idea what aircraft are being offered? About how long are upgrades taking? I hear there is a written? First year about 56K if you stay on reserve? Is staying on reserve possible with a 2.5 - 3hr drive to LAX? what are normal showtimes? what are the fewest days on and off in a rotation? Do they let you know what hold you are going to get in the sim brief?

I'm really looking forward to working for NJ :)

keatts

keatts said:
Whee! I'm so exctited.

Just few questions, anyone else get these days? LAX base any idea what aircraft are being offered? About how long are upgrades taking? I hear there is a written? First year about 56K if you stay on reserve? Is staying on reserve possible with a 2.5 - 3hr drive to LAX? what are normal showtimes? what are the fewest days on and off in a rotation? Do they let you know what hold you are going to get in the sim brief?

I'm really looking forward to working for NJ :)

keatts

Congrats. DEpends on which AC you get weather you can stay on reserve..Schedules: I think 7 on 4 off 6 on 3 off those are guaranteed. The reserve is 18 days a month. That is alot of driving. Show times: anything and everything, depends on what they need that day. good luck. Pay, 36 on 7/7 and 46,200 on reserve,that is salary. You might make 56 first year,i would probably say more like 50--52,000. good luck

Congratulations, Keatts! Good Luck with the interview.
Best Wishes,
Netjetwife

Good luck on the interview. Just smile a lot and relax. You've got to be able to take it if you are coming here!

"Cooperate Graduate" and "be like a duck, and let all the .... roll off your back" are phrases that might help when you come to CMH for training.

39k on the 7 and 7, and 46 k on the reserve. Depending on which fleet you get, will depend on how fast you make the 7/7 schedule, if you want that schedule.

If you inteview in August, the bids for 4th quarter (xmas and holidays) go out to the pilots in Sep sometime, so if you make it on property before then, you can bid for 7/7 for the holdidays, otherwise, you'll be on that lousy schedule until Feb 1 at a minimum.

Good news is that depending on which fleet you go to, you may be sitting at home waiting for aircraft training and IOE (yes, they are separate, as of now, NJ wife knows more) for months.

Right now, the following fleets are backed up: XL, X, Hawker 800.

If you get hired into the Encore, you will get off Reserve right away. Of course, you will have no APU, but that's another story.

Don't listen to any lies about upgrading fast, or getting HBA (home based) quickly, it's all drivel. Upgrade may take several years. Going in with that attitude will save you pain later. My question to you is, where do you live, and do you like driving?

The UTC (Union Training Committee) has been working very hard to improve training. Meetings with the company (it's a joint project) and lots of work on their own should yield results. If not, it won't be the union's fault. :mad: Those men and one (I believe) woman have taken the mission to heart. I look forward to hearing the feedback from pilots that go through STEP....which stands for...:confused: ...can't believe I forgot that....:blush: .....Strategic Training....no, that's an Air Force class....looking it up...Scenario-based Training and Education Program don't know how I forgot that....guess all I hear is "STEP"

The good news is that the company and the union (in my opinion mostly 1108) should have a superior training program ready when it's time for the latest new hires to STEP forward. Don't forget to fill out the training surveys. The UTC wants the pilots to be actively involved in developing the program. Remember 1108 is YOUR union. The more the pilots participate the stronger the union becomes.

As for equipment in LAX, I think it's based mainly on the company's available sim slots and somewhat on the interviewee's experience (tubroprop vs. jet). A friend of mine interviewed recently was offered the Encore in LAX. He came from a turboprop-only background so the CE-560 was not unexpected in his case, at least in my opinon.

I hate to say it, but there is little logic to which plane you get assigned. You can think about it until pigs fly, but when it comes down to it, it's all about filling seats.

The Encore is SHORT right now, and they are attempting to fill seats.

We have had many, many classes full of the larger planes and now, according to your post, it sounds like they might be moving back to the smaller ones. Nothing suprising, aviation is cyclical, and NJA is certainly no different.

netjetwife said:
The good news is that the company and the union (in my opinion mostly 1108) should have a superior training program ready when it's time for the latest new hires to STEP forward. Don't forget to fill out the training surveys. The UTC wants the pilots to be actively involved in developing the program. Remember 1108 is YOUR union. The more the pilots participate the stronger the union becomes.

You know something NJA wife, I have watched you post for a while now about things you kind of know about and held my tongue, I have to say something now. Maybe your husband is on the UTC and you got your info from a little pilow talk, don't really care. What makes you think that the STEP is going to be a great jump in the training process??? From what I have seen it looks like they are training for scenarios that happen once in every 100,000 hrs. As for the other great training changes, we will have to see. Looks like they are just shifting things from place to place.

Have filled out the surveys you speak of in the past, nothing ever came of them. Not that I expect anything to happen.

Keatts,

How long did you wait to get the interview e-mail? When was your application accepted e-mail? I've been waiting a month, just curious to see how long the wait is. Thanks, and congrats.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back