• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

NJA: got the interview email - 8/22-23

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good luck Keatts! It sounds as though you're right on track. If you are hired I hope you plan to be an active, engaged member of the union. It took a strong union to turn things around and make NJA a career choice rather than just a stepping stone. It will take vigilance by informed pilots to keep it that way.

Best Wishes,
Netjetwife

netjetwife said:
It will take vigilance by informed pilots to keep it that way.

Best Wishes,
Netjetwife

I agreed NJW. I conduct unofficial FRDA, etc. groundschools around the country as able to willing NJAers. It's been 7 months since the inception of FRDA and the company appears to, only now, finally be getting it right.

"The best thing in the cockpit is a well trained pilot." That saying doesn't only apply to flight training.

I don't know...either way, you'd probably still be anxious... regardless of the experience of others. You'll still be listening for the phone, I bet.
I don't envy you the waiting. :eek: Good Luck!! :)

Scrapdog said:
Thanks XP - I appreciate the help. Is it 1.2 times your total mil flight time or is it 1.2 times your sortie total and then add to your mil hours? I know, it's queepy, but I want to make sure I do it correctly. Any idea on that? Again, thanks for the words...

Scrapdog,
Not sure how you do it in the AF, but the Army had your flight times printed at the end of your APART. I think it was called the dash 1 file? Anyhow just add your time to that and it should be fine.

Hogprint said:
Scrapdog,
Not sure how you do it in the AF, but the Army had your flight times printed at the end of your APART. I think it was called the dash 1 file? Anyhow just add your time to that and it should be fine.

In the AF, it's called our Form 5 - it's essentially our totals in each jet we've flown and the number of sorties. Each airline is kind of different, i.e. FDX lets you multiply your sortie number times .2 and add it to your total time in that specific jet. JBlue on the other hand lets you multiply .2 times your total time and add it to that jet's time (if I remember right). Anyway, that's why I was asking the question on how NJets does it because each option gives you a different total. It's tough for a fighter guy to compete with an RJ guy when each sortie in a jet with an afterburner is about a 1.2. Thanks for the words...

That formula sounds familiar. Nice avatar! Are you a Zoomie, Scrapdog?

xpdriver said:
Scrapdog did ya apply? Or get an app yet? Just wondering>>>>

Not yet brutha - I'm just shy of the 2500 hour total they want by about a 100 or so unfortunately...however I've flown quite a bit recently so hopefully it won't be long. As soon as I hit the 2500 hour total, I'll send my app in, but like I said earlier it's tough when each flight is about a 1.0.

Latest resources

Back